Braves Offseason Thread

Unknøwn

I bet we resign Dansby honestly, but if not, I want one of the other top 3 which I think happens. 

If we aren’t going deGrom, idk if there is a SP worth going for that really makes our rotation much much better considering what we have in the minors. But you can also never have enough SPing.

If Odo opts out and we get rid of Ozuna on this year’s pay roll, SS and deGrom would be my top choices. Can also never have enough RPs. Also gotta address LF

EDIT: still plenty of good starters outside of deGrom. What was I thinking!!

7 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I bet we resign Dansby honestly, but if not, I want one of the other top 3 which I think happens. 

If we aren’t going deGrom, idk if there is a SP worth going for that really makes our rotation much much better considering what we have in the minors. But you can also never have enough SPing.

If Odo opts out and we get rid of Ozuna on this year’s pay roll, SS and deGrom would be my top choices. Can also never have enough RPs. Also gotta address LF

EDIT: still plenty of good starters outside of deGrom. What was I thinking!!

As of now the team needs a SS, LF, DH and at least 2 or 3 arms in the bullpen. 

Per Mark Bowman article. 

The Braves unsuccessfully tried to trade Marcell Ozuna to the Nationals in exchange for left-handed pitcher Patrick Corbin before the Trade Deadline. If Atlanta doesn’t find a suitable bad-contract swap, it could keep Ozuna or eat the $37 million still owed to him over the next two seasons.

54 minutes ago, For the A said:

Per Mark Bowman article. 

The Braves unsuccessfully tried to trade Marcell Ozuna to the Nationals in exchange for left-handed pitcher Patrick Corbin before the Trade Deadline. If Atlanta doesn’t find a suitable bad-contract swap, it could keep Ozuna or eat the $37 million still owed to him over the next two seasons.

Oof. Corbin was so bad this year. I'd say they'll probably eat the money. 

5 hours ago, For the A said:

Per Mark Bowman article. 

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Oof. Corbin was so bad this year. I'd say they'll probably eat the money. 

The Braves had to have asked for money or another player because Corbin is owed almost 2x what Ozuna is.

If it were straight up they could have just DFA Ozuna and save 20+ million. 

17 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Jim Bowden is predicting 6 years $154M for Dansby. 

Just have a hard time believing his is going to get $25m+ per season. He'd be making more annually than Olson and Riley at that point. You'd lose a little defensively, but you'd be better off paying Correa if you're going that high on Dansby.

12 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Just have a hard time believing his is going to get $25m+ per season. He'd be making more annually than Olson and Riley at that point. You'd lose a little defensively, but you'd be better off paying Correa if you're going that high on Dansby.

DOB speculated 5 years at $120-125M. Bowden projected $345M for Correa, $264M for Turner, $196M for Bogaerts. As far as Swanson, it's the intangibles just as much as the play on the field. He's just a winner that's won at every level, produces in the clutch moment and can lead a locker room. They're projecting the market to drive up his price. 

11 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

DOB speculated 5 years at $120-125M. Bowden projected $345M for Correa, $264M for Turner, $196M for Bogaerts. As far as Swanson, it's the intangibles just as much as the play on the field. He's just a winner that's won at every level, produces in the clutch moment and can lead a locker room. They're projecting the market to drive up his price. 

I just don't see him getting that much from the Braves. If that's what the market was dictating, he'd already have a deal. Wouldn't be shocked to see us trying to get him around the $19-20m per figure, while he's seeking closer to the range Bowden is projecting. Don't blame him at all, but any of the guys available (outside of likely Bogaerts, but that's just because I don't know much about his personality) are known for a great clubhouse presence, while outproducing Dansby just about everywhere offensively. He's likely back, but there's a reason AA looked at Correa last offseason.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I'm just ready to get the WS over so we can begin FA 

Exactly.

That is what I told my girlfriend..... I really don't care who wins I just wanted to get over as quickly as possible so we can move on to the off season.

It will be interesting to see how aggressive the Braves are once free agency starts