Jump to content

Walker-Warnock Debate: What you think?


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like its going to be a run-off for the Georgia Senator.  96% of the vote counted.  Yeah, 1.9 million people voted for a known, validated lier, but they will continue to complain about politicians.  Talk about voting against your own self interest.  At least support people who have some kind of character.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/results/georgia/senate

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Isosceles said:

Now that Walker still has a fighting chance, will that 2% (or whatever it was) that went to that third guy go mainly to him or to Warnock?

To me Walker seems to have a little more fire inside. Warnock looks a little worn. 

The only fire Herschel has is in his pants. He can't keep them on long enough to stop having illegitimate kids and/or paying for abortions. 

Might have a fire in his brain too, doesn't seem to work too well anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2022 at 9:18 AM, isproab said:

Did anybody bother to research what actually happened with Warnock?  Yes, Warnock was arrested for interfering with an investigation of child abuse at a church-run camp.  The charges were later dropped against Warnock for interfering.  The Deputy State's Attorney said their had been some "miscommunication."

All Warnock was trying to do was insure that the teen camp counselors had their lawyers present when questioned.  You know, their legal right.  That doesn't make him a bad guy.  Sounds like he was attempting to make sure that the teens had their rights protected.  I can't say if they actually did anything wrong, but "Everyone" is entitled to legal representation.  Even the worst among us.  That is at least one important step to keep innocent people from being railroaded.

As far as the domestic thing with Warnock's ex-wife, supposedly having her foot ran over.  I saw a recent commercial bringing that up again.  Quick Google search...Directly from the AJC..."Warnock wasn’t charged with a crime, and medical officials didn’t find visible signs of injury to the foot. Warnock told the AJC in March 2020 that her allegations “didn’t happen.”"

Politics is a dirty game.  That is why good people don't want to get involved.  If one side says something, better do your research.  Walker will get thousands of votes despite being a lier and saying out of his own mouth that he isn't that smart.  He made his decision years ago, left school for millions.  Don't lie now that you actually understand the value of a education and credentials.

Last thing I ever want to do is put a dishonest, self-centered person in office.

The thing is, you’re asking people who proudly stay ignorant to actually do research and get the facts instead of only following their Grievance style voting. 

If they in fact DID do the work to find out, they wouldn’t vote the way they do.

i didn’t really understand it that way before I actually had in-laws who see the world that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2022 at 5:12 AM, Isosceles said:

So how do you think this runoff will turn out Mr. Hooper?

You think Gov. Kemp will step in for Walker? Or has he already?

The democrats now control the senate regardless of the runoff, and Trump has announced he’s running again.

Warnock should be favored in the runoff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The thing is, you’re asking people who proudly stay ignorant to actually do research and get the facts instead of only following their Grievance style voting. 

If they in fact DID do the work to find out, they wouldn’t vote the way they do.

i didn’t really understand it that way before I actually had in-laws who see the world that way.

Yeah, I get it.  For me it boils down to this, some people just are not that smart nor honest.  I don't fashion myself a great debater or anything, but I'm very rational.  I don't talk to many of these types face to face, maybe a few online in comments.  Amazing how folks bow out of the conversation when you start to get deep and bring your arguments together.  I have seen many interviews of these folks twisting themselves into knots trying to make sense with their thinking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, isproab said:

Yeah, I get it.  For me it boils down to this, some people just are not that smart nor honest.  I don't fashion myself a great debater or anything, but I'm very rational.  I don't talk to many of these types face to face, maybe a few online in comments.  Amazing how folks bow out of the conversation when you start to get deep and bring your arguments together.  I have seen many interviews of these folks twisting themselves into knots trying to make sense with their thinking.

In person, I can tell you that it deteriorates into them only speaking with emotion, with their best argument being “whataboutism”. 

Needless to say, it goes no where pretty fast as they shutdown their logical side very fast. 

Not saying I am right about everything but at least I try to hear them out. But normally there isn’t any sound logic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

In person, I can tell you that it deteriorates into them only speaking with emotion, with their best argument being “whataboutism”. 

Needless to say, it goes no where pretty fast as they shutdown their logical side very fast. 

Not saying I am right about everything but at least I try to hear them out. But normally there isn’t any sound logic.

Correct.  I'm on the left politically.  I don't think there is anything wrong with being on the right.  I think your politics need to make sense.  Don't tell me you want low taxes and to cut spending, but you want a huge military budget and the tax cuts only go to the richest folks.  Don't tell me you are for personal freedom, but want others to conform to your way of thinking. 

I think if you ask anyone about the worst traits in politicians, you are likely to find dishonesty, greed, unrelatable, bad character at the top of the list.  Walker is comical in his lying.  That is enough for me.  I don't necessarily like "rich" folks that live a life of the 1% making rules for the rest of us, but if you show some character, I can get behind you.  Walker has bad character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, isproab said:

Correct.  I'm on the left politically.  I don't think there is anything wrong with being on the right.  I think your politics need to make sense.  Don't tell me you want low taxes and to cut spending, but you want a huge military budget and the tax cuts only go to the richest folks.  Don't tell me you are for personal freedom, but want others to conform to your way of thinking. 

I think if you ask anyone about the worst traits in politicians, you are likely to find dishonesty, greed, unrelatable, bad character at the top of the list.  Walker is comical in his lying.  That is enough for me.  I don't necessarily like "rich" folks that live a life of the 1% making rules for the rest of us, but if you show some character, I can get behind you.  Walker has bad character. 

I think you need people on the left and the right of you to have a healthy political mentality. 

I appreciate my wife being to the right of me and I do the same with some of my coworkers to left. 

It allows me to hear other sensible opinions(they both have a rationale as to why they see things the way they do and it’s very refreshing) and we all hear each other out and I can say that we all have had that “I didn’t think of it that way” moment. 

I can just go back to the first argument/debate I had with my wife. It was funny that we were in the SAME SIDE but had  slightly different ways of getting to the same results. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I think you need people on the left and the right of you to have a healthy political mentality. 

I appreciate my wife being to the right of me and I do the same with some of my coworkers to left. 

It allows me to hear other sensible opinions(they both have a rationale as to why they see things the way they do and it’s very refreshing) and we all hear each other out and I can say that we all have had that “I didn’t think of it that way” moment. 

I can just go back to the first argument/debate I had with my wife. It was funny that we were in the SAME SIDE but had  slightly different ways of getting to the same results. Lol

I don't disagree.  I wonder though, what happens when you (not you personally) reveal your train of thought?  Especially when it makes sense, but the other person doesn't think of it that way.  Doesn't mean you are wrong.  Does anyone every change their thinking and get on board with the other side?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, isproab said:

I don't disagree.  I wonder though, what happens when you (not you personally) reveal your train of thought?  Especially when it makes sense, but the other person doesn't think of it that way.  Doesn't mean you are wrong?  Does anyone every change their thinking and get on board with the other side?

If it’s anyone in the extremes, it turns into an emotional outburst and nothing is accomplished. 

And it seems that more of the current Republicans have this trait and “most” Dems are more open to the debate. Independents or moderates are way easier to get things done with I have learned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...