NLDS: Phillies vs Braves

Unknøwn

Sounds like Fried first (duh) then Wright in game 2 per Snit. Strider also says he felt great throwing off the mound so I’d love to see him in game 3. Think if we have Fried, Wright and Strider we can wrap this up in 3.

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Sounds like Fried first (duh) then Wright in game 2 per Snit. Strider also says he felt great throwing off the mound so I’d love to see him in game 3. Think if we have Fried, Wright and Strider we can wrap this up in 3.

I like Strider and Morton (if necessary) -- the two top K starters -- in Philadelphia. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Bold move to commit to a pitcher like that. I'm not upset about it. Let's get Max's deal done! And Dansby!

Yeah I'm not understanding this, you don't commit to a pitcher that soon.

Look at Soroka, guy us likely never going to be close to what he was and odds are he won't even pitch in Atlanta again.

46 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Look at Soroka, guy us likely never going to be close to what he was and odds are he won't even pitch in Atlanta again.

I'm guessing they view him like Craig Kimbrel in the sense that his fastball velocity comes from his lower body and he isn't too susceptible to arm injury. As you said though, Soroka was the same way.

51 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He tore his Achilles twice. He tried to cover first and tore it. And I believe he had an exercise accident and tore it again. Not like he tore it cause of the way he pitches.  I can understand if he had Tommy John 3 times in one arm.

17 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yep you’re definitely in the minority. deGrom pitched great Saturday and he only allowed 3 runs to the Braves last weekend 

It’s the injuries that concern me about deGrom and signing him to any length of a contract.