NLDS: Phillies vs Braves

Unknøwn

Game 1, Tuesday, 1:07, Fox

TBD vs Max Fried

Game 2, Wednesday, 4:35, Fox

TBD vs TBD

Game 3, Friday, TBD, Fox

TBD vs TBD

Game 4, Saturday, TBD, Fox (If Necessary)

TBD vs TBD

Game 5, Sunday, TBD, Fox (If necessary)

TBD vs TBD

No rotation has been announced but its a safe bet Fried will be Game 1. Braves went 11-8 against Philly this year. You also read right, in the new format you only get 1 day off in a series now. Less rest for the pitchers and a bit of a mad dash to get to and from. 

Strider went 4-0 with a 1.27 ERA against Philly this year. The Braves are optimistic he'll be ready for what's probably a Game 3 start. 

Phillies are reportedly leaning toward Suarez for Game 1. Suarez had a 3.21 ERA in 5 starts against the Braves this year. If they want to they could bring Wheeler back on 3 days rest for Game 2 and then Nola would be on normal rest for Game 3. It might depend on how Game 1 goes whether they do that or not. 

Wheeler had a 2.70 ERA in 3 starts against the Braves. Nola had a 3.67 in 5 starts. This won't be an easy series. The Phillies gave the Braves fits at times this year and Wheeler/Nola is a good punch plus Suarez had success. He went 6 innings, 0 R against Atlanta in that final series between the two. 

5 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

It’ll be interesting to see what the Braves do with the rotation. Other than Max Fried, I’m not sure who I can trust on the road as it seems all the pitchers splits drastically favor them pitching at home. I’m guessing Wright for game 2, Strider game 3 and Morton game 4?

A lot depends on if Strider is ready. If he isn't then you're probably rolling with Elder and that probably bumps Morton to Game 3 unless the Braves are up 2-0, then you could go with Elder. 

3 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

A lot depends on if Strider is ready. If he isn't then you're probably rolling with Elder and that probably bumps Morton to Game 3 unless the Braves are up 2-0, then you could go with Elder. 

I suppose Max could also go on 3 days rest for Game 4. That may be problematic with the NLCS looming. 

6 minutes ago, dmite said:

Yankees already released theirs, I found that surprising. 

I don't think they revealed the roster yet. Boone said Chapman was being left off because he didn't show up to Friday's workout and had no reason why, just didn't want to. 

17 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I don't think they revealed the roster yet. Boone said Chapman was being left off because he didn't show up to Friday's workout and had no reason why, just didn't want to. 

Ah ok, I saw he was left off and thought that meant they released their roster. 

16 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Dude was probably out beating up women again. Screw him 

14 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Fried had a 3.13 ERA in 4 starts against Philly

Wright, 2.84 in 3 starts

Morton, 5.47 in 5 starts. 

Strider, 1.27 ERA in 4 games (3 starts) with 34 Ks in 21.1 IP. This is his best strikeout rate against any team opponent this season that he faced more than one time.