Wait a second...There's no Andor thread?

Jesus

I’m through episode 5 and it is not passing my “is it good enough to make me put my phone down and pay attention” test. I don’t really have a lot of idea of what’s going on, and it’s just not that captivating.

I know it’s receiving universal praise, but again, I like my Star Wars content with lightsabers preferably (though Rogue One is excellent). 

I've wanted to see a common man view of the Star Wars universe for decades and I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Andor is by far the best Disney+ Star Wars show. And I like Mando and BOBF. IMO, other than Rogue One, Andor is the best Star Wars production since the original trilogy and it ain't even close for anything else.

It's Star Wars for grown ups. Slow burn thriller. I like all the imperial bureaucracy. They could easily squash the rebellion at any time but their arrogance and red tape stop them. 

Also Andor is a cold blooded murdering thug.

Also also, where is my pillow fluff?

I understand why some people aren't fans but I'm hooked. There's a lot to like if you're not tuning in to see archetypes and a plot that is apocalyptic in scale. Andor is definitely the darkest and most adult Star Wars property to date. It's much more "film" than "flick". I'm definitely going to binge this later. 

• 3 weeks later...

Andor is getting better and better.

Tales of the Jedi is also fantastic. If you're a Star Wars fan and have watched any of the animated series and/or prequels (or read any of the novels), it's must see TV. It finally develops Dooku and further develops Ahsoka (probably in anticipation of her upcoming live action series). The six episodes are only 10-15 minutes each, so they don't waste time. Perfect for somebody with short attention span or just a little time.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:40 AM, JayOzOne said:

Andor is getting better and better.

Tales of the Jedi is also fantastic. If you're a Star Wars fan and have watched any of the animated series and/or prequels (or read any of the novels), it's must see TV. It finally develops Dooku and further develops Ahsoka (probably in anticipation of her upcoming live action series). The six episodes are only 10-15 minutes each, so they don't waste time. Perfect for somebody with short attention span or just a little time.

Loved Tales of the Jedi. It added a lot to Dooku’s character.

Could be wrong, but I think it’s the first SW TV/film with parts that’s canon outside of the episode 1-9 time period. More of this please 

3 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. In mine, Solo was terribly underrated and criticized for the wrong reasons. Doesn't make me right or wrong.

Just rightish.

I genuinely liked Solo as well.  It was not nearly as bad as everyone cried about, and it at least felt like Star Wars.  

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

I genuinely liked Solo as well.  It was not nearly as bad as everyone cried about, and it at least felt like Star Wars.  

That's what I thought. People were mad because it was released outside the Christmas timeframe and also because it was poorly marketed, with much less buzz than most Star Wars movies. Add to that the anti-Rey incels protesting everything Star Wars, Lord & Miller leaving the project for Ron Howard, and opening weeks after Avengers: Infinity War, and it was all but guaranteed a low-grossing opening weekend. Add to that, Disney was forcing theaters to put Star Wars films on at least half of all multi-plex screens and guaranteeing they'd stay there for the first month (I think) and it was bound to fail. Disney assumed every Star Wars project was a money printing machine but didn't make an effort to plug it in, check the ink, or load up the paper.

On 10/8/2022 at 8:47 AM, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I’m through episode 5 and it is not passing my “is it good enough to make me put my phone down and pay attention” test. I don’t really have a lot of idea of what’s going on, and it’s just not that captivating.

I know it’s receiving universal praise, but again, I like my Star Wars content with lightsabers preferably (though Rogue One is excellent). 

We watch all the Starwars stuff, and I haven't made it past episode 1 yet...

7 hours ago, K26dp said:

Andor is brilliant. I love dogfights and space wizards as much as the next guy, but I'm glad there's room for a slow-burn thriller in the universe too. 

Star Wars speaks to my inner child. Andor appeals to my inner adult. To be honest, the prequels and sequels were huge letdowns for me but I dig this show. When the trailer dropped, I said it looked like the first sci-fi film in the franchise and I stick to that. I'm big on Mando and BOBF, but this is on a different level of storytelling and production.

So my wife and I started this last night.....Problem is, for some weird reason Disney+ started playing the season finale instead of episode 1. We watched the whole thing. Shoulda known when we had no idea WTH was going on the entire time. 

With that said....now that we know what happens, will that ruin the rest of the entire show? Or is it not that big of a deal? 

21 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Seriously, Stellan Skarsgård is just a great actor in everything he's in. Thor. Andor. And he was spot-on fantastic as Baron Harkonnen in Dune. There are a bunch of great performances in this series.

Skarsgård and Serkis may get Emmy nods for supporting actor. 

2 hours ago, K26dp said:

Skarsgård and Serkis may get Emmy nods for supporting actor. 

I'll admit that I always liked Andy Serkis but this is the first live action role of his that exceeded his mo-cap performances. For as much as I love Star Wars, I'm struggling to find an example of actors using nuance the way they have in Andor and Kenobi. The entire Andor cast, along with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen have set the bar for acting in the franchise. With that being said, there were strong performances in Rogue One as well.

• 2 weeks later...