Wild Card Games

For the A

MLB has done a ton of ignorant stuff over the years.  The 1 game wildcard that they had was the worst playoff concept in team sports.  The new format is fabulous.  It keeps more teams in the running for a playoff spot and gives them a series to play in the wild card instead of the 1 game mess they had.

1 hour ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Only been to Busch twice, but Cardinals fans were a joy to talk to and hang out with. Interested in hearing your experience.

Every STL fan I've ever met makes sure they let me know they are the greatest fan base in baseball and I make sure to let them know that I don't give a ****.

That and I absolutely can not stand Yadi or that little ***** who was crying about the chop last we met in October.

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

MLB has done a ton of ignorant stuff over the years.  The 1 game wildcard that they had was the worst playoff concept in team sports.  The new format is fabulous.  It keeps more teams in the running for a playoff spot and gives them a series to play in the wild card instead of the 1 game mess they had.

1. I hate expanded playoffs without expansion.
2. I love that the 1-game WC series is no more. 

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Only thing I would change possibly is #1 seed in the DS getting the lowest surviving seed, but I’m okay with a fixed bracket. 

39 minutes ago, K26dp said:

1. I hate expanded playoffs without expansion.
2. I love that the 1-game WC series is no more. 

You think adding 2 more is the move? Add Vegas (obvious) and then maybe Portland? Only reason I say Portland is to help the Mariners decrease their travel time.

Nashville and Charlotte also are options too 

25 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

You think adding 2 more is the move? Add Vegas (obvious) and then maybe Portland? Only reason I say Portland is to help the Mariners decrease their travel time.

Nashville and Charlotte also are options too 

Yes I’d do 2 more on the east coast. That way you could have 8 divisions of 4. If they did Charlotte and Nashville. 

1. ATL, TB, MIA, Charolette

2. NYM, PHL, WSH, Nashville

3. NYY, BOS, TOR, BAL

4. CIN, CLE, Cubs, White Sox

5. TEX, HOU, STL, KC

6. MIL, PIT, DET, MIN

7. SEA, OAK, LAA, COL

8. SFG, SD, LAD, ARZ

3 minutes ago, For the A said:

Yes I’d do 2 more on the east coast. That way you could have 8 divisions of 4. If they did Charlotte and Nashville. 

1. ATL, TB, MIA, Charolette

2. NYM, PHL, WSH, Nashville

3. NYY, BOS, TOR, BAL

4. CIN, CLE, Cubs, White Sox

5. TEX, HOU, STL, KC

6. MIL, PIT, DET, MIN

7. SEA, OAK, LAA, COL

8. SFG, SD, LAD, ARZ

I’d be fine with that, but I’d be surprised if Vegas didn’t get a team 

Let’s be honest, the Padres probably have a better chance to beat the Dodgers so I’m definitely for them (wouldn’t pull for the Mets anyways). The Padres have some players that can get hot and possibly beat them. Plus while they don’t have a lot of studs in their pitching staff, they’ve got enough guys that are good. NY’s pen is slightly better than the Padres but not by a ton.

Still think we get Dodgers/Braves in the NLCS, but it would be cool to host game 1 again 

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Let’s be honest, the Padres probably have a better chance to beat the Dodgers so I’m definitely for them (wouldn’t pull for the Mets anyways). The Padres have some players that can get hot and possibly beat them. Plus while they don’t have a lot of studs in their pitching staff, they’ve got enough guys that are good. NY’s pen is slightly better than the Padres but not by a ton.

Still think we get Dodgers/Braves in the NLCS, but it would be cool to host game 1 again 

Yeah only team that can beat the Dodgers are us.