Wild Card Games

For the A

13 minutes ago, dmite said:

Our friend Helsley having a tough time throwing strikes. 

He had hand cramps, and they recognized it far too late.

We'll find out later whether he warned them or tried to be a hero.

5 minutes ago, ATLBham said:

Marmol’s managing in the 9th was a massive headscratcher. You can see Helsley just didn’t have the command a mile away and he still let him pitch for two more batters. Shildt must be laughing right now.

October baseball can get to a manager too. We see it all the time with guys getting too cute. I think that's what's made Snitker such a good crunch time manager. He doesn't get cute, he rolls with his guys. This case with Marmol being hesitant. 

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

This is hard to watch.

My wife is being zen about it, while I'm losing my mind watching them melt down.

Up 2-0 1 out in the bottom of the ninth, playoff baseball rules are in effect WOW. Dammit I wanted the the Cards to win, but just like the announcer said there wasn't a hard hit hardly in the inning. Now the Cardinals have to be puckering a bit, while the Phillies are now believing.

It's why playoff baseball is so much fun

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

You could see the pressure October puts on people. Arenado never makes mistakes with the glove. Helsley was filthy good all season. Just different adrenaline. 

It reminds me of the year Chipper got hurt during the final week. Then, Brooks Conrad forgot how to catch a baseball, which sucked because he'd been the heart and soul of that team.

Just now, jidady said:

It reminds me of the year Chipper got hurt during the final week. Then, Brooks Conrad forgot how to catch a baseball, which sucked because he'd been the heart and soul of that team.

Don't remind me. A healthy Braves team would have easily rolled by SF that year. We gave them fits using a totally bandaged roster 

22 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Cards completely **** the bed. Philly wouldn't be an easy matchup but at least they wouldn't have Wheeler and Nola to start out. That's a pretty good top 2. 

Wouldn't be easy, but the Braves have owned them at Truist as of late. I'd prefer the Cardinals, but the Phillies don't necessarily scare me either.

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Good, absolutely hate the Cardinals and their stuck up fans. 

But then you think about the other teams’ players and fans, and it’s the same feeling.  I want them both to lose. 

3 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The Mets strategy will be interesting to follow. Buck is considering avoiding deGrom tomorrow if they lead 1-0. His plan is to have deGrom ready for Game 1 of the NLDS. He would obviously pull deGrom for Game 3 if needed. 

Then deGrom isn’t available until later in the next series. Could backfire, but the Padres’ drag bunting may allow them to prevail. 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Yeah for some reason Comcast isn't listed.

That sucks. Time to start asking friends and family for logins to their tv provider. Or look for a trial period on an online TV service that carries FOX. Someone like HULU TV or YouTube TV