Wild Card Games

For the A

31 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Why are the Padres celebrating with champagne going to the next round??

I guess I'm old school.... celebrations are for champions.... division champs....nlchamps....world series champs....

Why are you celebrating going to the next round....I don't get it

Since 2006, they’ve been to the NLDS once which was in 2020 (the weird expanded year). They don’t get here very often so I guess they can have this. No really, they’ve been a loser franchise for years 

Seattle has such a fun team.

They broke Verlander, but it actually could have been worse. He gave up a cycle to four consecutive batters. Since the homer came first and a runner got thrown out at home, he somehow managed to give up just two runs on 10 total bases.

33 minutes ago, jidady said:

Seattle has such a fun team.

They broke Verlander, but it actually could have been worse. He gave up a cycle to four consecutive batters. Since the homer came first and a runner got thrown out at home, he somehow managed to give up just two runs on 10 total bases.

Psh..

If he was an ace then it would be no problem.

10 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Psh..

If he was an ace then it would be no problem.

I realize where that line of thinking comes from. People want a magic bullet, and then think a top draft pick or superstar player will be that. Life's more complicated, though. Verlander's probably the best pitcher of his generation, but Seattle's kids are too young to care.