Wild Card Games

For the A

Now that the seedlings have been set. Let the playoffs begin and still waiting on game times. All games this round will be on ESPN/ABC.

** (head to head record this year)

Phillies at STL (Phil 4-3)

Padres at NYM (Padres 4-2) 

Rays at Cleveland (Cle 4-2)

Mariners at Blue Jays (Sea 5-2)

Edited by For the A

3 hours ago, For the A said:

Now that the seedlings have been set. Let the playoffs begin and still waiting on game times. All games this round will be on ESPN/ABC

Phillies at STL

Padres at NYM

Rays at Cleveland

Mariners at Blue Jays 

Give me STL, NYM, Rays and Mariners 

As funny as it would be to see the Mets lose early, I think with Scherzer and deGrom they’ll be fine 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

As funny as it would be to see the Mets lose early, I think with Scherzer and deGrom they’ll be fine 

I wouldn't be so sure. DeGrom has been struggling and the Padres took 2 of 3 from NY twice this year. Including a win over Scherzer. 

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

That is exactly what the Mets thought in the Series vs the Braves.

If Scherzer isn't right then he will have a problem.

Remember how he pitched vs the Braves as a Dodger??

I expect the Mets to win but it would not be shocking in the slightest to see them lose.

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That is exactly what the Mets thought in the Series vs the Braves.

If Scherzer isn't right then he will have a problem.

Remember how he pitched vs the Braves as a Dodger??

I expect the Mets to win but it would not be shocking in the slightest to see them lose.

It would be incredible if they lost. Also think we are just better than the Padres all around. Not sure they have the pitching we do. If Soto and Bell play like they did against us, we may be in business. 

Either way, neither is getting by LA. The WC puts you at such a disadvantage. Let's say the Mets win, they start deGrom, Scherzer and sweep SD. They'd have to use Bassitt and Carrasco/Walker in Games 1 and 2. DeGrom and Scherzer wouldn't be available until 3&4. Then you'd be counting on Bassitt in 5. If they didn't sweep and had to win 3, then you are stuck with Carrasco and Walker as your Games 1&2 in LA. 

Bassitt is a fine #3 for the playoffs but you don't want to lead off a series with your 3/4 guys on the road against a 110 win team. 

9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Either way, neither is getting by LA. The WC puts you at such a disadvantage. Let's say the Mets win, they start deGrom, Scherzer and sweep SD. They'd have to use Bassitt and Carrasco/Walker in Games 1 and 2. DeGrom and Scherzer wouldn't be available until 3&4. Then you'd be counting on Bassitt in 5. If they didn't sweep and had to win 3, then you are stuck with Carrasco and Walker as your Games 1&2 in LA. 

Bassitt is a fine #3 for the playoffs but you don't want to lead off a series with your 3/4 guys on the road against a 110 win team. 

Tbh, there’s only one NL team that can beat LA. The only team to do it the past 2 years, the Braves. We have 4 guys we can start and one of the best pens in baseball. We can win ugly, or we can win in a pretty fashion. Not saying we beat them, but the only 2 (maybe 3) teams that can beat the Dodgers are the Braves, Astros and maybe the Yankees. Maybe on them 

17 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Padres/Mets is like UF/Tenn to me. Where’s Bane when you need him?

Just look at it like this..... No matter who wins we can point and laugh at the loser for being bounced in the wild card.

These two teams have spent so much money and resources and they couldn't win their respective divisions....and one is going to be making vacation plans.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Just look at it like this..... No matter who wins we can point and laugh at the loser for being bounced in the wild card.

These two teams have spent so much money and resources and they couldn't win their respective divisions....and one is going to be making vacation plans.

Completely agree.. but I’d still love to see the field implode with those two teams engulfed. Throw in a fan as well.

edit: with the term “fan” used loosely.. very very loosely 

4 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I don’t think my marriage could survive our ending the careers of Pujols, Wainwright, and Molina. My wife would hang me from the St. Louis Arch.

Game times have been set

Friday - all times CT

TB at CLE, 11:07am on ESPN

Phi at STL, 1:07pm on ABC

Sea at Tor, 3:07pm on ESPN 

SD at NYM, 7:07pm on ESPN

Sat

TB at CLE, 11:07am on ESPN 2

SEA at TOR, 3:07pm on ESPN

SD at NYM, 6:37pm on ESPN

PHI at STL, 7:37pm on ESPN 2

SUN 

All TBD

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

It would be incredible if they lost. Also think we are just better than the Padres all around. Not sure they have the pitching we do. If Soto and Bell play like they did against us, we may be in business. 

Hey tl;dr, you remember 1998? Yes it was a long time ago, but man anything can happen!

1 hour ago, ATLBham said:

I'm really looking forward to these wild card games. It's much easier to sit back and enjoy postseason baseball when Atlanta is already in the next round. Hoping for series that goes to distance.

yeah lets have philly win thanks so we can demolish em ourselves w/o needing ump help for cardinals since the retirees after this year.

we all know how screwed we get vs em in playoffs.