Anyone have a breakdown of the Falcons running success when they run to the right side of the oline?

Sun Tzu 7

One thing that I noticed yesterday was that the Falcons seemed to be a little more successful when running to the right.

That may not be the right way to put it. Maybe a better way to put it was I noticed when they ran to the right.

It kind of reminded me of years ago when the Seahawks had Alexander and they were darn near unstoppable when they ran behind Jones and Hutchinson I think.

McGary has looked solid and it seemed to me that when the Falcons ran behind McGary and Lindstrom they were almost running at will.

Anyone have advanced metrics to back that up or disprove it?

4 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

Huntley is looking like a legitimate back.  
We may be set at running back.  Did not see that coming from an undrafted player. Feels good to be pleasantly surprised.  

The kid has a nice burst and he hits the hole with intention.

I wonder about his pass protection but he just looks different when he gets the rock.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

One thing that I noticed yesterday was that the Falcons seemed to be a little more successful when running to the right.

That may not be the right way to put it. Maybe a better way to put it was I noticed when they ran to the right.

It kind of reminded me of years ago when the Seahawks had Alexander and they were darn near unstoppable when they ran behind Jones and Hutchinson I think.

McGary has looked solid and it seemed to me that when the Falcons ran behind McGary and Lindstrom they were almost running at will.

Anyone have advanced metrics to back that up or disprove it?

That falls on McGary having a solid season.  Lindstrom has always been solid.  Running right should be a strength.  It could also just mean that the left side is also straight getting it done as well.  This is the line that TD drafted but is finally showing up.  Now, this should show you the value of coaching.

35 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

I am guessing TF and AS told McGary this offseason you're out of a job unless you start getting that nasty back. The line in general has been opening huge holes even last week when we had a backup LG.

I can't wait to see what happens against a crazy good D-Line

Amazing the effect of having schemes that maximize your talents, whatever they are, and having people who buy into it.

1 minute ago, MattM12 said:

And Lindstrom has been an All-Pro guard for a minute, in my eyes. Dalman looks stronger than Henny, too.

Dalman is the catalyst to me.  He's more business in the run game.  Henny may be elsewhere next year.  With Neuzil cross training, I think that was the Henny death knell.

5 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

That falls on McGary having a solid season.  Lindstrom has always been solid.  Running right should be a strength.  It could also just mean that the left side is also straight getting it done as well.  This is the line that TD drafted but is finally showing up.  Now, this should show you the value of coaching.

oh boy dunk GIF