Braves @ Marlins

Unknøwn

Seeing A TON of Mets fans crying about how they only needed to win one more game or that in any other year we'd be going to a playoff.

I dont even motivation to point out we started a mid reliever today. I'm just gonna enjoy thier misery. I'm glad we're finishing with the same record

Snitker talked plans. They'll relax at home the next two days. Then Saturday, Sunday and Monday they'll get back together and work out. He said the depth arms working out at Gwinnett will come over to Truist and throw live BP to the hitters. The pitchers on the playoff roster will also be given the opportunity to face live hitters if they wish. He also said Strider felt great today. Theyll ramp him up over the next few days and there's growing optimism he'll be a go for the NLDS. 

1 hour ago, jidady said:

I was looking at this after my earlier post. Freddie's got an OPS of .918, but he only hit 21 homers this year. To my total shock, Dodger Stadium isn't the best place for his line drives. Not counting the strike season, it's his fewest homers since 2015.

Meanwhile, after his recent slide, Olson finished with an OPS of .803, which is probably 25-50 points lower than most of us expected. However, he's got 34 homers including the vital three last weekend. WAR isn't very close, though. They had Freddie at 5.7 coming into today, while Olson was only at 3.2.

Freddie was also 10 feet from a batting title. He went three for four plus that ball he hit to the warning track.

PS: The doomsday scenario we're all trying not to think about is Freddie Freeman vs. the Atlanta Braves determining the outcome of a playoff series.

Olson just had a weird year. The power numbers were there. The others were not. I think he just put too much pressure on himself this year along with other factors. Probably not easy with switching leagues, playing for your home town team and then the pressure of having to replace Freeman. 

Mets got all primetime slots. Of course.

I'd be so pissed if I were Toronto and Cleveland. They host all day games. Cards got one day game  (and really the other two start late afternoon)