Braves @ Marlins

Unknøwn

58 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Hearing absolutely nothing about him makes me worried he won't be back.

Hopfully he can pitch some Wednesday because missing nearly a month then pitching in the playoffs doesn't usually work out.

I think Snit said he it was likely to have him throw some bullpen sessions this week in the pregame yesterday

Marlins lineup has Joey Wendle leading the way hitting .263. Nobody else is above .243. Only two guys with 10+ HRs, they both have 12. The story of Miami's season has been a horrendous offense. Pitching was good enough to win some games. Garrett Cooper leads Miami in RBI with 50. 

12 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Marlins lineup has Joey Wendle leading the way hitting .263. Nobody else is above .243. Only two guys with 10+ HRs, they both have 12. The story of Miami's season has been a horrendous offense. Pitching was good enough to win some games. Garrett Cooper leads Miami in RBI with 50. 

They did just take 3 of 4 from MIL effectively ending any chance at the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mets are reportedly iffy on postponing their game due to rain. So Braves would need to win to clinch today. 

Double header bodes well for a loss by them. It wouldn't surprise me if Buck has all but said screw the division and gets ready for SD.

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Double header bodes well for a loss by them. It wouldn't surprise me if Buck has all but said screw the division and gets ready for SD.

Could be a free extra day off. If the Braves clinch they won't play the game at all cause it won't be necessary. So the Mets probably are angling for a day off. 

17 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Could be a free extra day off. If the Braves clinch they won't play the game at all cause it won't be necessary. So the Mets probably are angling for a day off. 

I want to win the division because we won a game and not because the Mets lost. Will be more fulfilling to say we won it because we won than we won it because another team lost.

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I want to win the division because we won a game and not because the Mets lost. Will be more fulfilling to say we won it because we won than we won it because another team lost.

While I agree, sweeping them with their top 3 pitchers on the mound got us into this position, so I will still celebrate.

20 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

While I agree, sweeping them with their top 3 pitchers on the mound got us into this position, so I will still celebrate.

Oh for sure. We pretty much sucked the life out of the Mets this weekend. No way they can pitch deGrom or Scherzer with the WC looming