Jump to content

Braves @ Marlins


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Hearing absolutely nothing about him makes me worried he won't be back.

Hopfully he can pitch some Wednesday because missing nearly a month then pitching in the playoffs doesn't usually work out.

I think Snit said he it was likely to have him throw some bullpen sessions this week in the pregame yesterday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marlins lineup has Joey Wendle leading the way hitting .263. Nobody else is above .243. Only two guys with 10+ HRs, they both have 12. The story of Miami's season has been a horrendous offense. Pitching was good enough to win some games. Garrett Cooper leads Miami in RBI with 50. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Marlins lineup has Joey Wendle leading the way hitting .263. Nobody else is above .243. Only two guys with 10+ HRs, they both have 12. The story of Miami's season has been a horrendous offense. Pitching was good enough to win some games. Garrett Cooper leads Miami in RBI with 50. 

They did just take 3 of 4 from MIL effectively ending any chance at the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mets are reportedly iffy on postponing their game due to rain. So Braves would need to win to clinch today. 

Double header bodes well for a loss by them. It wouldn't surprise me if Buck has all but said screw the division and gets ready for SD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Double header bodes well for a loss by them. It wouldn't surprise me if Buck has all but said screw the division and gets ready for SD.

Could be a free extra day off. If the Braves clinch they won't play the game at all cause it won't be necessary. So the Mets probably are angling for a day off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Could be a free extra day off. If the Braves clinch they won't play the game at all cause it won't be necessary. So the Mets probably are angling for a day off. 

I want to win the division because we won a game and not because the Mets lost. Will be more fulfilling to say we won it because we won than we won it because another team lost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I want to win the division because we won a game and not because the Mets lost. Will be more fulfilling to say we won it because we won than we won it because another team lost.

While I agree, sweeping them with their top 3 pitchers on the mound got us into this position, so I will still celebrate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

While I agree, sweeping them with their top 3 pitchers on the mound got us into this position, so I will still celebrate.

Oh for sure. We pretty much sucked the life out of the Mets this weekend. No way they can pitch deGrom or Scherzer with the WC looming 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...