2022 Hawks Preseason Games.

jayu70

On 10/8/2022 at 11:07 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

I am going to be so pissed if Nate throws JJ and AJ deep in depth chart ****. Holiday bros have been much better than I expected, but I would rather us invest in AJ and JJ. AJ was looking automatic from 3. 

This is still true after the 3rd Preseason game. AJ has looked like a floor spacing god. 6/10 from 3 in two games as a rookie.  Defense hasn't even been that bad for a rookie. 

53 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

This is still true after the 3rd Preseason game. AJ has looked like a floor spacing god. 6/10 from 3 in two games as a rookie.  Defense hasn't even been that bad for a rookie. 

Still gonna believe that you’re gonna be pissed. Unless, all of a sudden, NM changes. Old dogs.. 

21 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Agreed that’s why I try not to focus too much on these talent evaluators.  

I've liked most of what I've seen and heard this preseason. Offensively, we sometimes get into a little too much 'your turn, my turn' stuff with Trae/DJM where whichever one doesn't have the ball kinda hovers in the periphery while the ball handler directs the other three guys. I think it's just going to take some time for them to fully adapt to reduced usage and realize how imperative it is for them to continue to be active without the ball and maximize their offensive utility. Nate is not the best coach to be ushering in that adaptation, either...

Brandon Clarke just got a 4 year/ 52 million dollar deal. Him and Hunter are probably considered fairly similar level players at this point. Hopefully we can get Hunter on that kind of deal in case he goes crazy and ends up asking for a ton of money, but I’d assume he and his agent probably want to wait until the offseason.