• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Mets tweaked their rotation by the way. It's actually

deGrom vs Fried

Scherzer vs Wright

Bassitt vs Morton

Bassitt was pushed back and deGrom and Scherzer bumped up to matchup with the Braves top 2. Mets had 2 off days this week, more rest and flexibility to alter things. 

They finally fixed their issue if Braves sweep or take 2 of 3.  That allows both Degrom and Max to pitch on short rest (3 Days) if they need them to pitch the last 2 games of the regular season. I was hoping that they were over confident and wouldn’t do it. 

Edited by For the A

Just now, For the A said:

They finally fixed their issue. That allows both Degrom and Max to pitch on short rest (3 Days) if they need them to pitch the last 2 games of the regular season. I was hoping that they were over confident and wouldn’t do it. 

I dont know if they would. They haven't even been confident to use deGrom every 5th day yet. He's been given at least 1 extra day of rest every start except for one. Scherzer had his injury issue as well recently. 

6 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I dont know if they would. They haven't even been confident to use deGrom every 5th day yet. He's been given at least 1 extra day of rest every start except for one. Scherzer had his injury issue as well recently. 

It wouldn’t be surprise if they went for broke on trying to winning the division. It’s been 7 -8 years since they won it. 

Edited by For the A

Just now, For the A said:

It wouldn’t be surprise if they went for broke on trying to winning the division. It’s been 7 -8 years since they won it. 

They could. It would make sense cause the WC really messes up your rotation. If the Mets get into the WC they would lose deGrom and Max for the first two games of the LDS. They'd be starting Bassitt and Walker against the Dodgers. Not ideal if you're a Mets fan. 

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

So I think… if we sweep, we just have to go 1-2 against the fish. 

If we take 2/3, we need to have a better record than Mets in the last series.

If we take 1/3, the Mets have to be swept and we have to sweep.

If we get swept, it’s over.

Losing that game Wednesday hurts. 

Pretty sure you nailed it. To control our own destiny we have to sweep. Winning 2 of 3 is an absolute must though. 

4 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Where does the drag bunting schtick come from?

The Mets pitchers played several games where they shut down the Braves hitting.  The Braves as a team are built to hit homeruns.  The Mets built their staff to be able to pitch against that.  Drag bunting by Harris, Swanson etc. is a way to generate runs when the Mets pitching is locked in.  With a fast runner at first base it changes the way the pitcher approaches the hitter because of the pressure at first base.  

5 minutes ago, VNlanta said:

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised Grissom isn't in the lineup. Hopefully he'll get a chance to play this series and make adjustments like Harris did

I'm sure he will. Arcia isnt crushing it right now, his two hits in DC just happened to be HRs. Grissom had a better stretch and got up to .227 for September but the Phillies did him in. He went 2 for 14 with 6 Ks in that series. So I guess Snitker decided to see what Arcia can do with an extended look.