John Abraham meeting with Arthur Blank

I shared this earlier in a different thread, but this fits...

About 12-13 years ago, I reached out to Abe on Twitter. Told him I was getting an autograph collection around to give to my son when he got older, asked if there was any way I could have him sign something. He gave me an address, and I shipped him a couple of cards I had.

A year or so passed, I was getting ready to move to Phoenix from Indiana, and an envelope showed up. He signed the cards, shipped them back. The autograph didn't turn out great, due to the finish on the cards, but i still have them.

oNTU8SF.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I shared this earlier in a different thread, but this fits...

About 12-13 years ago, I reached out to Abe on Twitter. Told him I was getting an autograph collection around to give to my son when he got older, asked if there was any way I could have him sign something. He gave me an address, and I shipped him a couple of cards I had.

A year or so passed, I was getting ready to move to Phoenix from Indiana, and an envelope showed up. He signed the cards, shipped them back. The autograph didn't turn out great, due to the finish on the cards, but i still have them.

oNTU8SF.jpeg

That Lego shell toe is crazy! Props. 

I can remember watching an interview with Abraham the night that he was released.  He seemed so happy to have played for the Falcons and he wasn't being salty or bitter about being released but you could tell he would have loved to stay and play another season here.  I've searched Youtube for a clip of that interview but haven't found it.  

4 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

I can remember watching an interview with Abraham the night that he was released.  He seemed so happy to have played for the Falcons and he wasn't being salty or bitter about being released but you could tell he would have loved to stay and play another season here.  I've searched Youtube for a clip of that interview but haven't found it.  

I remember that.

It is a shame because there was a lot of talk of  his drinking being a reason for him being cut.

That also was a topic of conversation here in AZ after he was here for a while.

26 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Why is he wearing Jets gear?

But seriously I hope this was recent. I liked Abe and was worried about his life after football.

Wearing a Jets jersey because that was his first team. This is a clip of a recent podcast he did so he's talking about more than just the Falcons.

24 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Same, I feel like it had to be somewhat recent with that pic of blank dancing in 16

This podcast was released this week. It's the behind the mask podcast. This is a clip from part 1 and really good listen. Gives you a lot of insight into Abe and who he was and also his career before, with and after the Falcons.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Abe took a shot at Jets owner Woody Johnson lol

Many people have been impressed by Blank over the years. Shocked Abe hasn't been more involved with the Falcons since he's been retired.

Definitely need him as a pass rushing coach.

Not saying Abe couldn't do it (pass rush coach), but seeing he was a one man gang his whole ATL career, he obviously never helped coach anybody up but himself.

Or perhaps the other players were just that bad 🤔

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I remember that.

It is a shame because there was a lot of talk of  his drinking being a reason for him being cut.

That also was a topic of conversation here in AZ after he was here for a while.

Yeah, his drinking was a concern. He got a DUI in NY, then was pretty clean for most of his time here. Then late, he got in a bit again. He had the arrest at the apt, then a DUI when he played for the Cards. 

He was suffering some pretty major consequences from concussions, and I think there was some self medication going on.

I'm glad the dude is doing well, and looking like he's in a good spot.