23 pass plays, 31 runs

Skewed slightly by the victory formation, but still. When's the last time we had nearly a 60/40 run/pass split? Falcons teams in the last decade often said they wanted to be able to run to close out games, or said they'd be emphasizing the run, but they never followed through. Here we are with a bunch of cast offs and rookies, but we're doing it. Pretty sure we're top 5 in rushing (156.7 ypg now). Lot of issues with this team still, including yesterday's game, but seeing the Falcons playing bully ball again feels good.

And we passed to setup the run. Common misconception you have to run to setup the pass. 

Seahawks clearly game planned to stop the run and it worked initially, but AS kept throwing it up to his big receivers. Eventually, Seahawks decided to back off and CP straight murdered dudes in the second half. It was cool to watch the progression of a gameplan.

If the defense played even slightly better and we didn't make mistakes in the redzone, you're talking a two score win. But that's the difference between good teams and us.  

2 hours ago, Tribal Chief said:

If Tyler ever gets enough carries to find a groove, the run game is going to be very nice on the eye. 

Already diggin it, but I'll admit I'm worried about CPatt wearing down as the season goes again. Need someone else to step up. I'd love for it to be Allgeier...he's shown some flashes and always falls forward, but he's not especially dynamic.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Already diggin it, but I'll admit I'm worried about CPatt wearing down as the season goes again. Need someone else to step up. I'd love for it to be Allgeier...he's shown some flashes and always falls forward, but he's not especially dynamic.

My concern as well. 

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yep, at his age he will absolutely wear down if he keeps this pace up. Definitely need Algeier to find his groove. Yesterday was great because we were able to get Algeier a lot of snaps. It’s only a matter of short order he will find his groove.

And maybe this is me the day after a W. But seems like there were not as many plays where I shook my head. Sure, every team has plays that get read and break. But sometimes we look disorganized. I didn’t see as many questionable plays or guys out of position, missing marks. It looked like some of the younger players are getting b-b-b-better. Do that in a scooby doo voice for effect. 
The run heavy offense served us well all 3 games but mistakes held us back. I think coaches managed the game well and the team didn’t err that often. I love the smash. Go Falcons 

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Big facts. If he hits it like CP he can break off huge gains. 

Yeah....he's just not comfortable.....it will change with more carries ....

Plus ....when he's in there the defense is teeing off because they know he's getting it....

They need to incorporate him more in the passing game to keep the defense guessing 

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

but he got us out of that end zone hole man.  that burst.

im just reading your sig-  lol!  what a whiner! 

1 hour ago, jetpac said:

he’s just so hesitant in his runs where as CP hits it with anger every time.

Looked to be the exact opposite to me. Allgeir has to develop patience, know when to press...know when to GO! I've noticed a few runs where he's THIS close to breaking a big run, and each time a bit more patience would have worked wonders.

We are getting some running yards with CP outside the tackles on toss runs.  Our OL still can't block for us to run up the middle and Tyler seems to always run up the middle.  CP gets all/most of his yards on the edges.  He is so fast that he can get to the outside so quickly and can break off for a good gain on most cases.   Without CP running to the outside, we would be dead last in running.  The numbers look good, but our OL needs create some holes up the middle.

7 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

We are getting some running yards with CP outside the tackles on toss runs.  Our OL still can't block for us to run up the middle and Tyler seems to always run up the middle.  CP gets all/most of his yards on the edges.  He is so fast that he can get to the outside so quickly and can break off for a good gain on most cases.   Without CP running to the outside, we would be dead last in running.  The numbers look good, but our OL needs create some holes up the middle.

Bingo. Nearly every CP run includes a backfield cut to the outside where his quickness gets him past the DL.

1 minute ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Bingo. Nearly every CP run includes a backfield cut to the outside where his quickness gets him past the DL.

Yup.  Like I said, CP is getting yards on the outside and we look like a good running team, but that is really not the case.  We need to be able to run between the guards too.  I still don't have much confidence getting a 1st down on 3rd and 1.  OL needs to run block better.  I know it is early and C and LG are new.  I hope those positions get better.  They are pass blocking pretty good.  The plays that get to Mariota is usually Mariota's holding onto the ball too long.

4 hours ago, The Don™ said:

And we passed to setup the run. Common misconception you have to run to setup the pass. 

Seahawks clearly game planned to stop the run and it worked initially, but AS kept throwing it up to his big receivers. Eventually, Seahawks decided to back off and CP straight murdered dudes in the second half. It was cool to watch the progression of a gameplan.

If the defense played even slightly better and we didn't make mistakes in the redzone, you're talking a two score win. But that's the difference between good teams and us.  

I also noticed if Cordarelle gets even a yard or so of breathing room, he's like a guaranteed 5YPC back. He just needs time to find the gap and attack.