Buccaneers and Saints both lost.

15 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

1-2 Falcons, Saints and Panthers 

2-1 Buccaneers. 

(Saints hold a held to head win advantage) 

The fun of that Aints loss plus our win is that we can no longer claim we're tanking... and that loss to the Aints is so much more painful. We should have won that game handily. 

Nowhere to go but up, however. 

Look at the cap space next year.... We are at #5 behind the bears, patriots, giants and seahawks.  If we draft well and spend our money wisely the future of our team looks really bright. 

2023 Cap Space.jpg

At the moment the Panthers, Bucs and saints are dead last in cap space for 2023.

Edited by james b

10 minutes ago, james b said:

Look at the cap space next year.... We are at #5 behind the bears, patriots, giants and seahawks.  If we draft well and spend our money wisely the future of our team looks really bright. 

2023 Cap Space.jpg

At the moment the Panthers, Bucs and saints are dead last in cap space for 2023.

For what’s it’s worth I’m quite impressed by this and our FO

2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

The Saints have looked bad all year outside of one quarter against us. Bucs have not looked great either at any point so far this season, we know what the Panthers are which is mediocre at best. If we can continue to run the ball this year may yet be some fun. 

Yep, us, 9ers just scored 10 points and lost to Denver...

Tell me which NFC WC possible team looks head and shoulders above us...9ers? Cardinals? Vikings? Cowboys?

Pfft...with 3 WC spots up for grabs, we are easily in playoff contention all year long, especially if we put together a string of wins against our next three opponents...

I watched most of that Saint-Pantwad game, and I gotta say...how in god's holy name did we blow that first game?

I mean, Carolina is pretty bad outside of McCaffery (tick-tock-tick-tock till he's back on IR), but New Orleans is putrid.  Awful.  

But it's way too early to say who's winning the division or how far they'll go in the playoffs.  It's not even Week Four yet.  

6 hours ago, james b said:

2023 Cap Space.jpg

That $54 mil space for us also already includes $11 mil allocated for Ridley. Great shape.

Bucs signed Julio Jones for a 3rd weapon but also insurance if Godwin/Evans Miss time.

Well yesterday Godwin missed for injury and Evans for suspension.

Was Julio available?  No sir….

Falcons did good getting a 2nd rounder for Julio - he has literally done almost nothing since leaving Falcons.   

And I loved me some Julio but was glad we traded him when we did.

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Bucs signed Julio Jones for a 3rd weapon but also insurance if Godwin/Evans Miss time.

Well yesterday Godwin missed for injury and Evans for suspension.

Was Julio available?  No sir….

Falcons did good getting a 2nd rounder for Julio - he has literally done almost nothing since leaving Falcons.   

And I loved me some Julio but was glad we traded him when we did.

Wow.  The precipitous fall of Julio.  Man, this sounds sick, but we made that trade just in time.  And Font looks like a genius netting a second-round pick for him.

6 hours ago, james b said:

2023 Cap Space.jpg

Yep, a new Falcon era is upon us. The other teams in the division aged and losing their QBs, their arrows point straight down, and we have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL and our arrow is up.