Let's Go!

12 minutes ago, MarkMc44 said:

Hard to believe the negativity on these boards after our first win of the season. Hoping to get better as we go along. Looking forward to a fun season. Maybe we can get back in the mix!

GO FALCONS!!!!

It’s only 3 games into the season and we’re 1 game outta first. We ARE “in the mix”. I’m optimistic with this team but our defense needs to play better. Geno Smith carved us up and he’s one of the worst QBs in the league. The good news is I believe we finally have the right coaching staff in place and we’re also in a horrible division. The Saints & Panthers are bad and we only have one more year with the Brady Bucs (this is likely Brady’s last year), but I do think the Bucs have a down year regardless. I know this is crazy, but I genuinely think we have a shot at winning the division. 

9 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

It’s only 3 games into the season and we’re 1 game outta first. We ARE “in the mix”. I’m optimistic with this team but our defense needs to play better. Geno Smith carved us up and he’s one of the worst QBs in the league. The good news is I believe we finally have the right coaching staff in place and we’re also in a horrible division. The Saints & Panthers are bad and we only have one more year with the Brady Bucs (this is likely Brady’s last year), but I do think the Bucs have a down year regardless. I know this is crazy, but I genuinely think we have a shot at winning the division. 

Geno Smith had an 81% completion going into this game. Lot of qbs much worst than that.

9 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

One game out of first.  Really puts it into perspective.

17 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I love a win but we beat a crap team.

My god we blew a 16 point 4th quarter lead against the Saints.   And the  Saints are horrible. 

Pump the  brakes.

Maybe...but you got to start some where...and the fact that this team does not quit, makes me more excited about the team, and our coaching staff....If you want to go ahead and cross us off for the rest of the year..thats fine..as as the saying goes, "you do you"..... but there are some of us, who actually look for the positive, and hope for the best, and therefore look forward to watching the games each week....if you don't thats fine....but don't be a ***** and try and rain on others parade who look forward to watching our team and being competitive each week..if your competitive, then you always have a chance to win...

48 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

It’s easy to complete passes with 80% of them are dump off passes. Geno Smith is top 5 worst starting QBs in the NFL and it’s not even close. 

I mean, besides your opinion, why do you say that? I’ve seen a lot worse than he was today…

58 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Maybe...but you got to start some where...and the fact that this team does not quit, makes me more excited about the team, and our coaching staff....If you want to go ahead and cross us off for the rest of the year..thats fine..as as the saying goes, "you do you"..... but there are some of us, who actually look for the positive, and hope for the best, and therefore look forward to watching the games each week....if you don't thats fine....but don't be a ***** and try and rain on others parade who look forward to watching our team and being competitive each week..if your competitive, then you always have a chance to win...

I'm just stating my personal opinion.   I thought that was allowed here.  

19 hours ago, octoslash said:

I'm just stating my personal opinion.   I thought that was allowed here.  

You are bro...maybe I took it a little too harsh, but I dont know if there is anyone on here who thinks we will be a playoff team, but right now, they get me excited for sundays, unlike the last few years... Do I think we played great yesterday...no, but after the previous 2 games, the team could have just folded when Seattle come back and took the lead...and then later got the turnover and marched down the field.  I will apologize for my response sounding so harsh... you have been around here for years like me, and you've always been a quality poster...I should have re read before I hit submit

The good news is the division rivals appear worse than expected. The bad news is Atlanta already lost to one of them...at home...after leading by 16 in the 4th quarter.

I'm not one who thinks this team will seriously contend for a playoff spot, but the schedule does seem a bit softer after week 3. @WAS and home against PIT suddenly seem much more winnable, and @CIN doesn't seem as impossible as it once did.  

Throw in two games against Carolina, a SF team that struggles to score, a Chargers team that isn't as good as everyone expected and a Chicago team as bad as everyone expected and being 6-7 or 7-6 heading into the rematch against New Orleans isn't an absurd prediction. 

CLE - L (1-3)

@ TB - L (1-4)

SF - W (2-4

@CIN - L (2-5)

CAR - W (3-5)

SD - L (3-6)

@CAR - W (4-6)

CHI - W (5-6)

@WAS - W (6-6)

PIT - L (6-7)

Even if they can't sweep Carolina, that's still 5-8 from a fairly pessimistic perspective.