"Marcus Mediocrity" Is Disrespectful

As QB1 of our favorite team he deserves better than people on here botching the nickname.

Mar-cus Me-di-o-cri-ty - 7 syllables, janky; doesn't roll off the tongue. Close but needs improvement 

Instead:

Mar-cus Me-di-o-cre -

6 syllables, the same as Mar-cus Mar-i-o-ta, preserves the musicality of the original, worthy of our 8 year veteran signalcaller

I don't see another player giving us a freebie like "Ron Mexico" anytime soon so we gotta step it up with the monikers, birdgang. 

(This concludes my Tedtalk, please stay tuned for Marcus Mediocre to make us all eat our words against the Seahawks then promptly turn back into a ****ing pumpkin the very next week.)

42 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

As QB1 of our favorite team he deserves better than people on here botching the nickname.

Mar-cus Me-di-o-cri-ty - 7 syllables, janky; doesn't roll off the tongue. Close but needs improvement 

Instead:

Mar-cus Me-di-o-cre -

6 syllables, the same as Mar-cus Mar-i-o-ta, preserves the musicality of the original, worthy of our 8 year veteran signalcaller

I don't see another player giving us a freebie like "Ron Mexico" anytime soon so we gotta step it up with the monikers, birdgang. 

(This concludes my Tedtalk, please stay tuned for Marcus Mediocre to make us all eat our words against the Seahawks then promptly turn back into a ****ing pumpkin the very next week.)

Medi-Marcus 

53 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Instead:

Mar-cus Me-di-o-cre -

Marcus Mediocre? Perfect for MM

I support whoever has on the jersey but I'm not gonna lie to myself like he is playing good because he is starting. That's dumb.

He is playing bad, I want him to play better or be benched. I'm calling him MMediocre until he plays less mediocre because "Thats the nature of the beast"

8 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Interesting…

First two starts 2022:

1. Marcus Mariota

499 total yards

3 total TDs

3 total turnovers

2. First two starts of 2021:

Matt Ryan

475 total yards

2 total TDs

2 total turnovers

If Marcus is mediocre, what does that make Matt?

Mediocre. 

9 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Interesting…

First two starts 2022:

1. Marcus Mariota

499 total yards

3 total TDs

3 total turnovers

Matt Ryan

475 total yards

2 total TDs

2 total turnovers

Matt’s first 2 games were Matt’s first 2 NFL games. Mariota has completed around 1,200 NFL passes so he doesn’t get the rookie card. 

You know MM could flip this & say you’re being disrespectful right?

Just sayin. As much as we all are frustrated & I have been pointing out his shortcomings too, my hope is that he gets comfortable.

My hope is he’s jacked, but will calm down & let the game slow down a bit.

I want to see Ridder slowly plugged in, so it’s also in the best interest of our team. And we have to take into account the teams we’ve played. It’s not all bad amigos.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

He was insane in 2018. Our defense was just horrific. After 2018 though its been downhill.

The falcons squeezed the last bit of juice out of Matt in 2018. Albeit most of it was garbage time stat padding but still good stats nonetheless. Since post-SB era he’s been Eli Manning incarnate.

17 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Matt’s first 2 games were Matt’s first 2 NFL games. Mariota has completed around 1,200 NFL passes so he doesn’t get the rookie card. 

uhh he compared Matts 2021 stats first 2 games not his rookie year first 2 games lol

47 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Interesting…

First two starts 2022:

1. Marcus Mariota

499 total yards

3 total TDs

3 total turnovers

Matt Ryan

475 total yards

2 total TDs

2 total turnovers

What it makes Matt is between him and the Colts organization and fans.  Cause he gone.  If Matt was still here what would that make Marcus?  A backup or unemployed. 

6 minutes ago, midas_whale said:

What it makes Matt is between him and the Colts organization and fans.  Cause he gone.  If Matt was still here what would that make Marcus?  A backup or unemployed. 

Eh, it’s relevant when the vast majority of posters bashing Mariota were also protecting Ryan.

You can’t protect Ryan for similar stats and bash Mariota; that’s hypocritical.

Edit: And vice versa.