Braves @ Phillies

Unknøwn

24 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

DOB was speculating on the day game struggles. He said all teams give optional BP before the game. However he said Snitker usually operates under pretty much just show up and play and could be hurting. He said nobody has told him that or anything but that's just his observation. That they might need a few hours to just get warmed up instead of just show up, get dressed and get after it. The night games they show up a few hours early, take BP, get loose, normal routines. 

Baseball is a game if routine. I’m shocked the guys would change that for a day game. 

18 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Baseball is a game if routine. I’m shocked the guys would change that for a day game. 

It's been the Snitker way since he got the job I believe. So who knows if that's what's happening. It's just hard to explain. 

31 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

It's been the Snitker way since he got the job I believe. So who knows if that's what's happening. It's just hard to explain. 

I mean on the surface lease it makes a lot of sense because usually it is the offense that struggles so much in the day games.

More often than not the pitching is on point.

1 hour ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Sounds like Mike Soroka is being shut down with elbow soreness. Guy can’t catch a break. 

They said he has no damage. Probably just a product of minimal throwing for 2 years and then getting to do a full throwing program followed by 6 starts. He'll have a shot at a normal offseason and Spring Training, that's going to help him tremendously. 

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I mean on the surface lease it makes a lot of sense because usually it is the offense that struggles so much in the day games.

More often than not the pitching is on point.

This year we have more young guys and that may be why it has more negative effect this year.