Arthur Smith speaks to media going into Week 3 of the 2022 season | Atlanta Falcons | NFL

Coach Smith:

Kyle’s a unique person. He’s gonna break out. The ball will find him and we’re going to win because of it. 

Killing Floor:

We’re 0-2 and Kyle Pitts has 4 touches and 38 yards.  Show me, don’t tell me. 

I ain’t no space scientist but if you know you are going to win because of Pitts AND you also don’t include Pitts in the game doesn’t that mean you’re basically a Saint and you’re causing us to lose on purpose?  Asking for a friend. 

Edited by Killing Floor

1 minute ago, Tribal Chief said:

Boy that's wild. Coach storms off the podium, you get a 20 page thread. 

Coach answers questions, crickets. 

As always, drama is the only thing that interests people

I thought he handled this presser really well. He’s getting better at it. I’m sure it’s his least favorite part of the gig. 

2 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

I thought he handled this presser really well. He’s getting better at it. I’m sure it’s his least favorite part of the gig. 

After a tough emotional loss he responds with some emotion.  Give him a day or two to digest it and he’s back to normal.  I can deal with it, I’d rather him be upset than clapping on the sideline or emotionless.  He still needs to bring it in a bit but I’d gladly take that vs the alternative.

2 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I totally respect that he’s got MM1’s back but I hate it all at the same time 

I want my coach to defend my qb in public.... But I want them to be riding their *** behind the scenes.

We can't keep having first halfs against the Rams and 4th quarters against the saints.

3 hours ago, Tribal Chief said:

You know if its one thing I will never miss, its a good ole Arthur Smith Presser.

Time to take on some narratives unprovoked!

44 minutes ago, Rings said:

After a tough emotional loss he responds with some emotion.  Give him a day or two to digest it and he’s back to normal.  I can deal with it, I’d rather him be upset than clapping on the sideline or emotionless.  He still needs to bring it in a bit but I’d gladly take that vs the alternative.

Me too. Said as much. He does react to valid questions with canned snarky responses a little too much for my taste but I'd rather he be displaying some emotion rather than a bunch of corporate style buzzwords tied together.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Oh, oh, oh, I get it. 100%. I give myself a couple days and then go back into fan/cheerleader mode. I empathize with the grumpiness after a loss. 

13 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Oh, oh, oh, I get it. 100%. I give myself a couple days and then go back into fan/cheerleader mode. I empathize with the grumpiness after a loss. 

Imagine if you put all the work they have into it and have to see your players let down and then have to swallow those emotions.  I get it, he should be a little more professional to them, but I can’t blame him either.  I’d say much worse.

19 hours ago, Tribal Chief said:

Or maybe people don't really care what he has to say in his pressers anymore. Be a jerk, rinse and repeat...

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

The same people that are burying him for showing emotions after a brutal loss are the same people who came here and had meltdowns themselves in multiple threads.  

This is the epitome of immature crybabies & self entitlement. It’s probably the single most annoying behavior on this board for me PERSONALLY. 
Unfortunately, it’s going on for years now & will probably continue. At which time I’ll try to point it out which will only hurt more feeeeewings. Meh, chalk it up to unrealized hypocrisy & such I guess. 
bitchplease-godspeed.gif