What's your opinion of Dean Pees coaching performance against the Rams?

The Rams offense scored much too easily for 3.5 quarters. On the other hand a lot of teams defenses are going to cough up 30 points and more vs this Rams offense. Pees is still working with a very young unit without any stars other than Jarrett. I'd give Pees a "B" over all on this game.  

I thought he used this opportunity against a well coached, good schemed offense, to try some adjustments to scheme and substitutions, knowing we had a longshot to win anyway, and figuring the knowledge he could gain now would be valuable moving forward through the season...

I saw more Eric Harris, Dean Marlowe, Mike Ford and Darren Hall than I care to see the entirety of the rest of the season...

I think we found a solid rotation piece in Abdullah Anderson...

I thought he did a very good job.  1 TD drive was only 4 yards, after the pick and then a bogus low block call against AJ Terrell where they started at our own 9 yard line.  We also generated 4 turnovers (really 3, the 4th was an intentional safety, though getting the stop on the drive led to that).  Gave up 337 total yards against a very high powered offense.

Our offense only had 3 drives of 25+ yards along with turning the ball over 3 times.  I'm surprised it wasn't much worse.  

13 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

I have nothing but respect for Dean Pees. I thought he correctly dialed up less pressure for Stafford because Stafford traditionally destroys the blitz very effectively. The Rams are a tough team, man. Tons of weapons. I thought he coached well. 

This is a great answer.  Overall, I think he did very well.  The man's been doing it for fifty years.

10 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I thought he used this opportunity against a well coached, good schemed offense, to try some adjustments to scheme and substitutions, knowing we had a longshot to win anyway, and figuring the knowledge he could gain now would be valuable moving forward through the season...

I saw more Eric Harris, Dean Marlowe, Mike Ford and Darren Hall than I care to see the entirety of the rest of the season...

I think we found a solid rotation piece in Abdullah Anderson...

I like Abdullah as well.  He's definitely a solid rotational piece.  He has fire.  The whole Harris, Marlowe and Ford thing hurts.  I think Hall still has potential and can be a player for us.  The other three, well now.....

10 minutes ago, pzummo said:

I thought he did a very good job.  1 TD drive was only 4 yards, after the pick and then a bogus low block call against AJ Terrell where they started at our own 9 yard line.  We also generated 4 turnovers (really 3, the 4th was an intentional safety, though getting the stop on the drive led to that).  Gave up 337 total yards against a very high powered offense.

Our offense only had 3 drives of 25+ yards along with turning the ball over 3 times.  I'm surprised it wasn't much worse.  

****, Its rare to see some absolute facts like this.

Good breakdown/recap because I almost let the box score cloud my judgement even though I watched the game live.

I forgot how many points they were basically gifted because of field position. 

I recall a long long drive they had early in the game for maybe 80+ yards? That was bad but inflates the yardage numbers totals too

The defense is still learning and still not fully implemented. Thats why they are inconsistent week to week. Also, we are still talent deficient in several areas like DE, thats why teams come back on us so easy, unless we are scheming up some crazy blitz, we usually cant get to the QB and when you cant get to the QB when you are up, they will pass all over you. Pees can only do so much with what he has, hopefully the young guys keep learning and develop into a nice unit. Next year when we have some cash money on hand, we can hopefully bring in some difference makers we have lacked for years.

Falcons defense forced 3 turnovers and 14 of the Rams points came from drives that began in Falcons territory including one from the 9 yard line. Defense wasn't the issue against the Rams. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great unit and Pees is right up there with Mariota for blowing the Saints game, but I'm not ready to throw him to the wolves yet. 

1 hour ago, pzummo said:

There are the important numbers. 

I thought we'd get 40+ dropped on us like Bills did to the Titans... and the Titans (on paper) are a better team than us. 

15 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

The Rams offense scored much too easily for 3.5 quarters. On the other hand a lot of teams defenses are going to cough up 30 points and more vs this Rams offense. Pees is still working with a very young unit without any stars other than Jarrett. I'd give Pees a "B" over all on this game.  

I'm wondering what the deal was with guys like Harris playing most of the game. 

Pees has an amazing resume and has forgotten more football knowledge than 99.9% of the people on this board has ever had. 

It's hard to scrutinize him. I still think with the right group of guys he is as good as we could ask for in terms of a DC. Are the guys we have what he needs to make it into a good unit? Only time will tell.

You can tell what a coach is worried about by how the unit plays. I’m this game pees was worried about the deep ball. As evident because they played so much zone. Kuup is great at beating man and even better at beating zone. Except zone stops the bleeding of play that could’ve been a 70 yards in man. Especially a man blitz. Which is why you didn’t see many blitzes in the game. They tightened up at the end and started playing more match coverage which can look like man coverage. He called a good game. Especially with the offense gifting them 6.