Hot takes of week 2

Lionzblade

14 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Troy was the only person that gave up that TD run? You must be a Nakobe Dean fan who’s still upset  we didn’t draft him. The RT took Troy, Hawkins had the gap filled and got taken out by Kupp. The outside corner did nothing but dance with his blocker and the DE didn’t hold outside leverage allowing the alley to be formed and was taken out by a TE of all things. That was a collective defensive failure for 8 yards not 1 man. You wanna blame a LB for getting stopped by a RT fine, but make sure the DE that got stonewalled by a TE takes some heat too 

Troy hesitated because hes a rookie could have beaten the tackles seal. That was his gap.

17 hours ago, BtK said:

I think both are in their 30s, so they’re probably not playing much longer anyway. 

Yeah, I would agree.  Harris has been a useful bridge player.  A long-time journeyman has a lot to offer with advice.  When you have been around, you see things and experience things.  Always good to have those sage stories and experiences in camp.  Especially with a young roster like ours.  He was never the best player, but really, he was here more for his wisdom than actual long-term play.

18 hours ago, Diesel_Bird said:

AJ not as good as advertised? 

I'm not saying you're right, but definitely not saying you're wrong

18 hours ago, oztin said:

I think he is all 3 TDs thrown his way were placed in place hard to defend.

That excuse will run out eventually

13 hours ago, jetpac said:

Hard to be lockdown with no dline 

Winston completed throws directly at him while being blitzed to ****. AJ never seems to want to turn his head to peek at the QB so he doesn't see the ball coming in time to make a real play on it

Edited by Komic

11 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I have to credit poster Rings for pointing out a major bit of info...

Last year AJT played close to 900 snaps at LCB, and only about 40 at RCB...this season he's already played close to 20-30 snaps at RCB, and all of his TD's given up have come from him playing the right side... Seems we might need to lock him into LCB and just have him shut down that side of the field... 

I think that having AJT play RCB more this year is good for him.  It makes him a more well rounded DB.

11 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I have to credit poster Rings for pointing out a major bit of info...

Last year AJT played close to 900 snaps at LCB, and only about 40 at RCB...this season he's already played close to 20-30 snaps at RCB, and all of his TD's given up have come from him playing the right side... Seems we might need to lock him into LCB and just have him shut down that side of the field... 

Mentioned this in the live thread as well. Him moving around to shadow WRs is forcing him into spots where we are depending on him to play the run and be physical with RBs inside to make tackles. 

Not a fan at all and would rather he stay outside like last year so the safeties and LBs can play inside as they are used to

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Troy was the only person that gave up that TD run? You must be a Nakobe Dean fan who’s still upset  we didn’t draft him. The RT took Troy, Hawkins had the gap filled and got taken out by Kupp. The outside corner did nothing but dance with his blocker and the DE didn’t hold outside leverage allowing the alley to be formed and was taken out by a TE of all things. That was a collective defensive failure for 8 yards not 1 man. You wanna blame a LB for getting stopped by a RT fine, but make sure the DE that got stonewalled by a TE takes some heat too 

He's a crypto bro. He's having a rough year, give him a break 😂

On 9/20/2022 at 8:40 AM, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Who? No i like troy and expect great things from him.