Hot takes of week 2

Lionzblade

11 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Why? Abdullah played well and plays with More fire than Graham. And Andersen started seeing snaps yesterday bc Evans was not pulling his weight. Before you know it Troy will be getting 50% of the snaps at LB 

Troy spelled Evans for one drive, our second of the game, and then didn't see the field on defense once the entire rest of the game. Unless I missed coach saying something, I think them benching Evans for one drive and  then changing their minds is very, very far down the list of possibilities for why that happened.

27 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Troy spelled Evans for one drive, our second of the game, and then didn't see the field on defense once the entire rest of the game. Unless I missed coach saying something, I think them benching Evans for one drive and  then changing their minds is very, very far down the list of possibilities for why that happened.

Right lol. The legend has begun. People are jumping the gun on the kid. He did great on special teams but he is still growing as a backer.

You can just run and go get the ball on teams.

5 hours ago, BtK said:

Marlowe and Harris will be without a job by midseason.

Does anybody have the snap counts. It looked like they were on the field way more than week 1. 

NFL.com has a PDF gamebook for each game that has snap counts. Go to the game, scroll down past the drive summaries to bottom of page.to "Download Gamebook". Snap counts are the last two pages.

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58862/LA_Gamebook.pdf

Harris played 30 snaps on defense, Marlowe 28, both played most snaps on STs.

Smith doesn’t want Pitts to score. 
Smith doesn’t want the Falcons to score. 
Troy Anderson looked great. 
Mariota kinda makes me think of a squirrel trying to cross the street. 
It’s not a rebuild until we can look back and see that our results are better. When we actually build up and win more than 7 games we can call that a rebuild. 
DLed wants the Falcons to win more than Art Blank does  

6 hours ago, oztin said:

I think he is all 3 TDs thrown his way were placed in place hard to defend.

I have to credit poster Rings for pointing out a major bit of info...

Last year AJT played close to 900 snaps at LCB, and only about 40 at RCB...this season he's already played close to 20-30 snaps at RCB, and all of his TD's given up have come from him playing the right side... Seems we might need to lock him into LCB and just have him shut down that side of the field... 

11 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Smith doesn’t want Pitts to score. 
Smith doesn’t want the Falcons to score. 
Troy Anderson looked great. 
Mariota kinda makes me think of a squirrel trying to cross the street. 
It’s not a rebuild until we can look back and see that our results are better. When we actually build up and win more than 7 games we can call that a rebuild. 
DLed wants the Falcons to win more than Art Blank does  

Stop perpetuating this false narrative. The Falcons are 7th in the league in scoring...

We might be 9th after Bills and Eagles play...but we are a Top 10 offense. Just stop it...

6 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

One way or another, they don't suit up as Falcons next year.  

Idk we need to look at the snap counts. Marlowe was in the game at SS a lot. He was platooning with Hawkins. I like Hawkins in coverage but Marlowe maybe a better tackler and more physical. 

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

NFL.com has a PDF gamebook for each game that has snap counts. Go to the game, scroll down past the drive summaries to bottom of page.to "Download Gamebook". Snap counts are the last two pages.

https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58862/LA_Gamebook.pdf

Harris played 30 snaps on defense, Marlowe 28, both played most snaps on STs.

20 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Idk we need to look at the snap counts. Marlowe was in the game at SS a lot. He was platooning with Hawkins. I like Hawkins in coverage but Marlowe maybe a better tackler and more physical. 

2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Troy was out there 9 plays on D, 19 on SPT. I think he will continue to gain traction as peas finds ways to use him. He showed his speed and the only way he will learn is by playing. 

ps it’s a hot take for a reason

7 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Yeah troy gave up a pretty long td run and was special teams only after that

Edited by NanoLedgerS

16 hours ago, oztin said:

3 plays are what lost us this games. Any one of them happening changes the outcome of the game. If any of these three happened and nothing else change about the game we win.

1. Koo makes the first field goal. Starts the game off 3-0. By the time we get to the fumble recovery we are down by 3. Less likely to try to force the ball to Edwards and it get picked off.

2. No interception off of Patterson. Even if we do not score and only hold the ball until the end of the half it changes the game. 

3. AJ Terrel picks of pass in the inzone. That's 3 less points that we are trying to get back. Again less likely to try to force the ball to Edwards and it get picked off.

I know that there where other things we should have done to impact the game, but in my opinion these 3 are lynch pin moments 

Agree with all of these. One thing that really bothers me is AS's playcalling during would be game-winning drives. He will call that one lateral play that would lose us yards while we are driving down the field. Example is the side-pitch to CP against the Saints and calling the option against the Rams Sunday. Both plays were stuffed. That's when you know it's about to be game over for us. 

4 hours ago, NanoLedgerS said:

Yeah troy gave up a pretty long td run and was special teams only after that

Troy was the only person that gave up that TD run? You must be a Nakobe Dean fan who’s still upset  we didn’t draft him. The RT took Troy, Hawkins had the gap filled and got taken out by Kupp. The outside corner did nothing but dance with his blocker and the DE didn’t hold outside leverage allowing the alley to be formed and was taken out by a TE of all things. That was a collective defensive failure for 8 yards not 1 man. You wanna blame a LB for getting stopped by a RT fine, but make sure the DE that got stonewalled by a TE takes some heat too