Remember in preseason how hard Smith was yelling at Ridder even after good drives?

Komic

I haven't been paying attention as much due to yelling at my tv over MM shenanigans myself but is he not going as hard at MM???

Seriously after watching a QB fail to execute something as fundamental as a hail mary not once but TWICE in the same game was he not doing his ole "super tough on player" schtick to MM?

Is that reserved for the rookie QB in preseason exclusively??

Because the post pressers are all positives and excuses for the constantly panicking klutz of a captain we have currently playing QB

I need to see the same energy with MM as he had for Ridder.

Edited by Komic

• Komic changed the title to Remember in preseason how hard Smith was yelling at Ridder even after good drives?
8 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

That's the question though. Is he treating MM the same way?

Maybe he sees that with some tough love, he can develop Ridder before he starts making any bad habits. Perhaps with Mariota he knows “what you see is what you get” and no matter how much he yells and screams, it’ll just be a waste of energy because at this point Mariota is what he is 😂 Honestly I don’t know, just talking crap

10 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Keep in mind preseason is basically practice. I would assume coaches go harder in practice than in real games where you are going to be more careful about tanking your players' confidence since you are trying to above all win the game.

I will keep that in mind for when Ridder eventually takes over as QB1. If I see that same yelling nonsense suddenly return then I will know whats up...

He said that he was hard on Ridder because he can take that type of coaching. Take that as you may. I doubt it was just to be an a hole of a coach

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/23/arthur-smith-were-going-to-be-hard-on-desmond-ridder-because-he-can-take-the-coaching/

2 minutes ago, Tribal Chief said:

He said that he was hard on Ridder because he can take that type of coaching. Take that as you may. I doubt it was just to be an a hole of a coach

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/23/arthur-smith-were-going-to-be-hard-on-desmond-ridder-because-he-can-take-the-coaching/

Does this mean he is hard on dled as he knows dled is journalist that can take hard coaching?

17 minutes ago, Tribal Chief said:

I watched all the pressers and the thing I took from that is he never could actually answer what he was basing that on.

Ironically thats call just creating a narrative... something he hates.

Ridder, as far as I know, never said he wanted, liked, or could handle that tough coaching.

Smith just decided he could and is doing it and when asked based on what he starts saying a bunch of vague nothings...

Edited by Komic

1 minute ago, Komic said:

I watched all the pressers and the thing I took from that is he never could actually answer what he was basing that on.

Ironically thats call just creating a narrative... something he hates.

Ridder (as far as I know) never said he wanted, liked, could handle that tough coaching.

Smith just decided he could and is doing it and when asked based on what he starts saying a bunch of vague nothings...

Without actually being in those meeting rooms or knowing their relationship, I think you're reaching a bit.

1 minute ago, Tribal Chief said:

Without actually being in those meeting rooms or knowing their relationship, I think you're reaching a bit.

Which is fair, why is exactly why I said "as far as I know"

I'm solely basing it off interviews and do not at all think I am 100% accurate or know anything. 

Just an observation especially since I consider AS to be pretty straight forward and thorough with most things outside of talking scheme

16 minutes ago, Komic said:

Ridder, as far as I know, never said he wanted, liked, or could handle that tough coaching.

There is an interview with Arthur Smith where they asked him about yelling at Ridder. His reply was that the Falcons asked Ridder how he liked to be coached and he told them that he wanted to be pushed and coached hard. 

Just now, tcmafreak said:

There is an interview with Arthur Smith where they asked him about yelling at Ridder. His reply was that the Falcons asked Ridder how he liked to be coached and he told them that he wanted to be pushed and coached hard. 

If this is true then that eases my mind. I had to have missed that

11 minutes ago, tcmafreak said:

So did Mariota answer "don't speak loudly or say hurtful things" when asked the same question?

9 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

AS needs to RKO Mariota after his next fumble.

I would pay a high amount of money to see Smith run out on the field and give MM a surprise RKO mid play while everyone is fighting for the fumble still.

The 1 rule is he HAS to sneak up into it like a snake slithering through the grass to get to him

randy orton GIF

Edited by Komic

1 minute ago, Komic said:

I would pay a high amount of money to see Smith run out on the field and give MM a surprise RKO mid play while everyone is fighting for the fumble still.

The 1 rule is he HAS to sneak up into it like a snake slithering through the grass to get to him

WATCH OUT WATCH OUT WATCH OUT

1 hour ago, Tribal Chief said:

Yeah, I think Ridder even said he respects that type of coaching during one of his interviews.

Maybe that helps motivate him even more?