Nats @ Braves

Unknøwn

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Carrasco is pitching for the Mets tonight. He's been struggling of late so today could be the day to finally get that tie. Morton has been great at home and Corbin has been horrible all year. Let's get it done today. 

Not to mention how well the Braves hit lefties. Let's hope it all plays out the way we anticipate.

16 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Has anyone heard an update on Soroka? I looked up his recent stats, and it seems like he is struggling. I know he could just be working on things. Does he have any chance to come back, or are we just gonna have to look towards next year with him?

He never really was truly an option this year. They made it clear they wanted Soroka to be relaxed and just worry about getting healthy. No rush, no timetables. He hadn't pitched in 2 years before his rehab return. He's had some good and some bad during the rehab. If the Braves have everything clinched during the Miami series the first few days of October then I could see them letting him pitch a few innings just to reward him and it would be great for the team and fans as well to see it. 

23 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Has anyone heard an update on Soroka? I looked up his recent stats, and it seems like he is struggling. I know he could just be working on things. Does he have any chance to come back, or are we just gonna have to look towards next year with him?

Been saying it for months that he isn't going to be pitching for Atlanta this year. Then they get to pay him 6-8 mil in arbitration (not even sure how he earned it) for him to hopfully picth next year.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Been saying it for months that he isn't going to be pitching for Atlanta this year. Then they get to pay him 6-8 mil in arbitration (not even sure how he earned it) for him to hopfully picth next year.

He got $2.8M through arbitration in 2021. The Braves agreed to pay Soroka $2.8M again in 2022 and he of course accepted the offer. I'm sure they'll agree on that again. 

37 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

He got $2.8M through arbitration in 2021. The Braves agreed to pay Soroka $2.8M again in 2022 and he of course accepted the offer. I'm sure they'll agree on that again. 

Love the guy, but idk how you pay him anymore than that. Pretty risky signing honestly 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Love the guy, but idk how you pay him anymore than that. Pretty risky signing honestly 

They aren't going to let him walk out the door. His potential is very much worth a $3M gamble. If he falls on his face next year then it's a conversation you can have about what he can get back. Braves aren't a cheap team anymore.