Somebody is NASTY and disrespectful…

1 hour ago, Killing Floor said:

He’s got a great presence. 

Maybe this weekend coach will let  Mariota throw to him in the end zone like they do on TV. 

Mariota can barely get past his desire to RUN in order to go through a natural progression of reads.. Nothing wrong with run but EYES down field should be priority.. He can't be half back and QB. Aint gonna work with his decision making skills being so poor.

GO FALCONS!

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Imagine getting Ridley back next year? Don’t forget about him. At this point I say keep him. That’s a 💣 wr tandem. Along with Pitts and CP. That’s a potent offense. Scary even. 

Man, I am usually in lockstep with most of the things you say, but I gotta toss the red flag here.

When Ridley gets reinstated, even at the absolute earliest it will be just about a month shy of 2 years since he played in a meaningful NFL game. That's the BEST case scenario with him, too.

Also, gotta keep in mind that until we hear otherwise, there is a chance he may not even be back that soon.

Then take a look at his history... in 4 season, he only managed to play all 16 games one time.

He played all 16 games his rookie year (2018), but only started 5 of them.
In 2019, he missed 3 games & only started 10 of 16.
In 2020, he had by far his best year, starting & playing in 15 of 16.
In 2021, he played in just 5 of 16 games.

There's no denying he has elite route running ability, but his hands aren't great, and he's kinda fragile.

In 2020 he showed what he could be, but by the time he steps on a field again, that might be nothing but a faint memory.

I'd rather trade him for whatever we can get & let this regime grab their guys via the draft moving forward.

15 minutes ago, k-train said:

Man, I am usually in lockstep with most of the things you say, but I gotta toss the red flag here.

When Ridley gets reinstated, even at the absolute earliest it will be just about a month shy of 2 years since he played in a meaningful NFL game. That's the BEST case scenario with him, too.

Also, gotta keep in mind that until we hear otherwise, there is a chance he may not even be back that soon.

Then take a look at his history... in 4 season, he only managed to play all 16 games one time.

He played all 16 games his rookie year (2018), but only started 5 of them.
In 2019, he missed 3 games & only started 10 of 16.
In 2020, he had by far his best year, starting & playing in 15 of 16.
In 2021, he played in just 5 of 16 games.

There's no denying he has elite route running ability, but his hands aren't great, and he's kinda fragile.

In 2020 he showed what he could be, but by the time he steps on a field again, that might be nothing but a faint memory.

I'd rather trade him for whatever we can get & let this regime grab their guys via the draft moving forward.

Trading him is definitely a possibility. But from a weapon standpoint you can never have enough of those. Ridley’s hands are good when he’s #2. He felt what it was like to be Julio and his hands got worse. But let London be the #1. He has the body and the toughness to fill that roll. Let rid stay #2 and it goes back to what it was with he and Julio. Ridley is a playmaker point blank. So from that perspective is why I’m saying that. Sure trade him if they feel he’s not needed and doesn’t add value to the team. Missing a year we probably don’t get what we want for him. Keeping him would be the smart play imo but I see your point as well. 

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Trading him is definitely a possibility. But from a weapon standpoint you can never have enough of those. Ridley’s hands are good when he’s #2. He felt what it was like to be Julio and his hands got worse. But let London be the #1. He has the body and the toughness to fill that roll. Let rid stay #2 and it goes back to what it was with he and Julio. Ridley is a playmaker point blank. So from that perspective is why I’m saying that. Sure trade him if they feel he’s not needed and doesn’t add value to the team. Missing a year we probably don’t get what we want for him. Keeping him would be the smart play imo but I see your point as well. 

Yeah, I feel you. Ridley... even after missing the better part of two years... is probably a pretty substantial upgrade to anyone we currently have behind Pitts & Drake in the pass catching department. Also, I agree fully about him being a much better complimentary player than a dude who needs to be the top WR on a team. You make a fair point about the trade value possibly being kinda low, too... but I think if they've mentally moved on from him after this year, that's a moot point & they'll just take whatever they can get. With how much roster turnover there has been already, it just feels like AS & TF would rather bring in their own guys than keep too many of the pieces that were already here when they arrived. Add in that even though Ridley was apparently dealing with some crazy stuff, he ultimately was a pretty substantial let down for them in their 1st year here, and his actions led him to being completely unavailable to play or even be traded in year two. Can't imagine they'd hang on to him after all that, especially with two younger, promising pass catchers on the roster. Really hard to say what they do with him at this point. I can see the logic behind trading him, even for peanuts... but I can also understand why he might be worth keeping around, even if it's just for a year.

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

It comes down to two things: Will he agree to a team friendly deal and are teams offering good value in a trade. If neither happens, just move on…

32 minutes ago, tbhawksfan said:

Believe his contract is paused while on suspension

Other than that, I think that he is finished with football. He may give it a try to get his money, but I don't think he will have the necessary want

Have you not seen any of his workout videos since he’s been suspended? 

If not, check his twitter and ig out. Dude has never stopped running routes, catching and working out. Now, he’s not actually getting hit, but the “want to still play” is definitely there. 

Calvin Ridley’s Instagram page

Edited by ADAMSVILLE GYM