It’s on to the Rams! Week 2

2 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I guarantee you understood exactly what I posted and why, and yet sold your intellectual soul for a dry retort. 

I honestly wish I had your outlook about the Falcons.  That you could take, hypothetically, a 62-7 loss and not really be bothered by it and even say something like "That was a nice TD grab by Pitts."

I didn't think this would be a good year record wise, and I still don't. But dam it when Sunday comes I still want the Falcons to win. We should have beat the Saints and to see another trademarked Falcons meltdown...it's just getting too much to stomach. It's like a part of their legacy now.

50 years as a fan the bad has definitely outweighed the good. We've suffered through the 80s, The seasons after 28-3 have been miserable. Give those of us with low confidence in this franchise a break. We've seen too much over the years to think otherwise.

Maybe...just maybe...this regime will finally do it. There's always hope...

Edited by Mr.Blank

15 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

This game will test how far the Oline and pass rush have come. Finish drives with Tds.

Only want Koo to factor for the game winner.

Aaron Donald is the 800lb gorilla in the room.  We have to manage him.

Best way to neutralize Donald is get the ball out quickly, accurately and on time. When he's not on the field, we have to take our shots. Have to challenge their secondary. MM and Josh Allen have similar skill sets. Extend plays and challenge the Rams deep. 

28 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

I honestly wish I had your outlook about the Falcons.  That you could take, hypothetically, a 62-7 loss and not really be bothered by it and even say something like "That was a nice TD grab by Pitts."

I didn't think this would be a good year record wise, and I still don't. But dam it when Sunday comes I still want the Falcons to win. We should have beat the Saints and to see another trademarked Falcons meltdown...it's just getting too much to stomach. It's like a part of their legacy now.

50 years as a fan the bad has definitely outweighed the good. We've suffered through the 80s, The seasons after 28-3 have been miserable. Give those of us with low confidence in this franchise a break. We've seen too much over the years to think otherwise.

Maybe...just maybe...this regime will finally do it. There's always hope...

I hate losing. If you dig deep enough on this site, you’ll see that I have had my fair share of rants concerning constant failure. But it’s fruitless because it’s beyond my control. I had to learn that the hard way after 40+ years of loyalty and a LXI meltdown. 

I realized that I have the same option and opportunity as everyone else here. Support the team if you’re going to stick around OR go hop on a winning bandwagon and be “happy”. 

I choose the former. Now that doesn’t mean I don’t understand or accept constructive criticism of this team. There’s tons of it on here that I just quietly swallow. 

It’s the stupid dumb **** that gets my juices flowing, because it just stinks of self mutilation. Who tries to STAY miserable?

It is WAY to early in the season to count any team out. Especially the Falcons. 

I know the pain of being a Falcons fan, but the way I see it, you have to be built for it. 

p.s. : Remember when New England, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Cincinnati and the Chargers all sucked? I do. Their fans do too. 

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I hate losing. If you dig deep enough on this site, you’ll see that I have had my fair share of rants concerning constant failure. But it’s fruitless because it’s beyond my control. I had to learn that the hard way after 40+ years of loyalty and a LXI meltdown. 

I realized that I have the same option and opportunity as everyone else here. Support the team if you’re going to stick around OR go hop on a winning bandwagon and be “happy”. 

I choose the former. Now that doesn’t mean I don’t understand or accept constructive criticism of this team. There’s tons of it on here that I just quietly swallow. 

It’s the stupid dumb **** that gets my juices flowing, because it just stinks of self mutilation. Who tries to STAY miserable?

It is WAY to early in the season to count any team out. Especially the Falcons. 

I know the pain of being a Falcons fan, but the way I see it, you have to be built for it. 

p.s. : Remember when New England, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Cincinnati and the Chargers all sucked? I do. Their fans do too. 

Your take has changed over the past couple of years. It is a very good look for you. I am a 50+yr falcons fan who has hope for this team until there is none. I agree, if this team made me miserable to the point where all that I had to say about them was bad, I would indeed find another team for which to cheer. Appreciate the insight.

It's kinda like your wife doing everything she knows to make you happy and you find something about it all to complain about. Everyone becomes miserable for it.

Edited by Williamb
Addition

2 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

This game will test how far the Oline and pass rush have come. Finish drives with Tds.

Only want Koo to factor for the game winner.

Aaron Donald is the 800lb gorilla in the room.  We have to manage him.

We got two 700lb gorillas of our own ~ AS and Dean Pees. TF got to manage them carefully when we hit the 4th quarter. 🤣