Firkser promoted to the active 53

CADirtyBird

15 hours ago, Tribal Chief said:

That sounds good on the surface and I don’t disagree but what happens if Ridder faces an injury in the same game? Despite the opinions that the team flat out sucks, they can’t just lay down and throw another skill player back there

Putting Franks in as QB would be playing a no skill player

1 hour ago, Tribal Chief said:

As I said yesterday. What. Can. You. Do?

Personally, I don't see the point in continuing to complain about the Saints game as it's going to change nothing. It's Wednesday and 95% of the active posters are still complaining about the lineup and Smith's press conference. If you guys want to continue to go on and on about something that isn't going to change the outcome of game one, feel free. I've moved on to the Rams. 

Unless I'm mistaken, the convo is not about the Saints, it's about the roster decisions and that will come in to play against the Rams just as it did against the Saints

1 hour ago, Tribal Chief said:

As I said yesterday. What. Can. You. Do?

Personally, I don't see the point in continuing to complain about the Saints game as it's going to change nothing. It's Wednesday and 95% of the active posters are still complaining about the lineup and Smith's press conference. If you guys want to continue to go on and on about something that isn't going to change the outcome of game one, feel free. I've moved on to the Rams. 

Who’s complaining about the saints game? Overall I see mostly positives from that first outing. I’m referring to a roster philosophy relating to carrying a third hybrid QB/TE vs a third genuine rb. This is a season roster philosophy not game 1 winge feet.  I know your probably pi$$ed with the negativity but don’t quote me and then lump me in a group I’m not a part of.

Personally I love the AS signing - he is who I wanted last year. However I fully expect us to be a bottom 5 club this year during this rebuild year fighting a TD salary cap **** using a team of primary 1 year journey vets, rookies and a splattering of genuine NFL calibre players. 

Just now, primetime said:

Who’s complaining about the saints game? Overall I see mostly positives from that first outing. I’m referring to a roster philosophy relating to carrying a third hybrid QB/TE vs a third genuine rb. This is a season roster philosophy not game 1 winge feet.  I know your probably pi$$ed with the negativity but don’t quote me and then lump me in a group I’m not a part of.

Personally I love the AS signing - he is who I wanted last year. However I fully expect us to be a bottom 5 club this year during this rebuild year fighting a TD salary cap **** using a team of primary 1 year journey vets, rookies and a splattering of genuine NFL calibre players. 

I’m going to keep it all the way a buck with you. I logged in to 18 notifications this morning. 93% chance I clicked your post on accident and didn’t realize it

for that I do apologize because I probably didn’t even read your post

22 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Total mystery.  Felipe has pictures of someone in this organization having congress with farm animals.

Or maybe Hesse has the photos. He must be a phenomenal All Pro blocking otherwise, why? We all know he can get that little 1 yard and out catch for a TD if he gets a couple tries, but who can't do that? Are Firkser, Franks, Pitts or even Smith incapable of providing that ability? I don't get it. I'd even say provide an eligible OT to do that. Idk.

I like Hesse, and maybe I just don't notice how valuable he is blocking because it hasn't been glaring. But we do know his looks are for very minimal gain (and I'm talking a yard and half or two max). Maybe I'm missing the point.

6 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Or maybe Hesse has the photos. He must be a phenomenal All Pro blocking otherwise, why? We all know he can get that little 1 yard and out catch for a TD if he gets a couple tries, but who can't do that? Are Firkser, Franks, Pitts or even Smith incapable of providing that ability? I don't get it. I'd even say provide an eligible OT to do that. Idk.

I like Hesse, and maybe I just don't notice how valuable he is blocking because it hasn't been glaring. But we do know his looks are for very minimal gain (and I'm talking a yard and half or two max). Maybe I'm missing the point.

It feels like AS is enamored with the ability to play multiple slots.  Hesse in theory can be H Back/Full Back in a pinch.  Thats all I got.

8 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

It feels like AS is enamored with the ability to play multiple slots.  Hesse in theory can be H Back/Full Back in a pinch.  Thats all I got.

He clearly tries really hard - I just think sadly he is athletically challenged (height, weight, speed, strength) to be a force as an NFL TE. Besides he seems to have only OK hands also from what I’ve seen in preseason and previous years. 

23 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

We should at least have a developmental quarterback on the PS.

I know people would consider Franks that but if he's taking snap to other positions and listed as another position then he's not a quarterback.

The fact that we don't at least have somebody else who is at least semi accurate as a passer is not a good look for this administration.

I said this exact thing weeks ago. Its cute but not as beneficial for the players who have to practice against him or work with him when he steps in at QB in practices.

23 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I'm really starting to question Franks being on the 53. Would have been nice to have had the rookie RB available last game.

This is a bonehead decision REGARDLESS of what anyone is trying to say to defend it. Franks being active as a 3rd qb/4th TE is not the move. Especially when you have 3 "RBS" but 2 are old as **** for the position, 2 are out of position, you have a rookie RB who has actually played the position his whole career and can handle the wear and tear of the position.

Add all that up with the fact that we were playing a team we had no intentions of passing all over, and would need to lean on the run game to win. 

You can't be a run first team with 1 true rb on the team who is 30 years old (williams)

Especially if its for the sake of having franks active as if he was going to be the guy we needed to pull out the win at any point.

We have a ton of TEs with far more talent at the position than what franks currently brings blocking wise and receiving wise. 

We also have 2 healthy and ready QBs... thats enough for a game day.

Where exactly did Franks fit into the plans? and why? 

Edited by Komic