Jump to content

Firkser promoted to the active 53


CADirtyBird
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

It's not a good look because we don't have a token qb that will never see the field?

At least Franks can have some use.

Franks is the least of concerns in my opinion.

Well Franks was a great  guard and tackle Sunday.

He guarded the water cooler and tried to tackle anyone coming near it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well Franks was a great  guard and tackle Sunday.

He guarded the water cooler and tried to tackle anyone coming near it.

Honestly, Tribal Chief made a great, and sobering comment.  MM is gonna get hurt, and when he does, FF is our QB3.  For better or worse, that is the agenda.  He can be an emergency receiving TE, and a very, very dicey QB3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Geneaut said:

True, but when D. Williams got hurt that basically left CP and Avery to take all the RB snaps. One of those guys basically had to be on the field for every offensive snap, unless we have some 1 RB sets for the FB Smith ... I didn't get to watch the replay yet to see if we did that at any point. 

One way or the other our roster is lopsided and needs a tweak. It didn't cost us the game by any fashion, but it's something to look into.

1 thing that would help is coming in not having Patterson as a full time running back in the first place. He isn’t a running back. 
 

Avery Williams is a special teamer so ultimately, he’s going to get the nod over a non special teamer at that position. So you make a decision between the veteran and the rookie. The injury could have happened to Allgeier with Williams inactive and this is still a conversation regardless. The problem is within the rule itself.  
 

I get it though. It sucks. Everyone wants to see Allgeier after all of the incoming hype and injuries are unpredictable. Only thing I can say is don’t be surprised if it happens again at some point in the season if Willams gets to 100%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tribal Chief said:

1 thing that would help is coming in not having Patterson as a full time running back in the first place. He isn’t a running back. 
 

Avery Williams is a special teamer so ultimately, he’s going to get the nod over a non special teamer at that position. So you make a decision between the veteran and the rookie. The injury could have happened to Allgeier with Williams inactive and this is still a conversation regardless. The problem is within the rule itself.  
 

I get it though. It sucks. Everyone wants to see Allgeier after all of the incoming hype and injuries are unpredictable. Only thing I can say is don’t be surprised if it happens again at some point in the season if Willams gets to 100%

Yeah if D. Williams is RB#1 and goes down then you have (2) 'part-time' RBs backing him up if the rookie is inactive. It's not optimal. I guess it's the downside of the slash type players. It pays off in some ways, and punishes us in others.

Edited by Geneaut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Hesse, Firkser, Pitts, Franks.  Laying odds Firkser is the inactive.  Hesse can double as an H back/Full back apparently.  Franks is TE3 or 4, and QB3.  Pitts is your starter.  Odd man out, Firkser.

At this point, if AS is not using Franks, he needs to be inactive. You don't need 3 QBs active. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Yeah if D. Williams is RB#1 and goes down then you have (2) 'part-time' RBs backing him up if the rookie is inactive. It's not optimal. I guess it's the downside of the slash type players. It pays off in some ways, and punishes us in others.

That was my one issue last season. Yeah Patterson was used as a gadget guy in New England and Chicago but under no circumstances should he be carrying the ball 15-20 times a game. No matter how bad Davis played. You do nothing but wear him down as the season progresses. I think The same will end up happening this season too if he keeps getting the bulk of the touches of the entire offense 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

I'm really starting to question Franks being on the 53. Would have been nice to have had the rookie RB available last game.

I was joking about it at first but it’s almost no other way to look at it. Smith is either romantically involved or interested in Franks.

This mirrors the attractive chick at the job who randomly got a promotion when you know for a fact she does nothing all day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tribal Chief said:

See the post above. End of the day, what can ya do

Stalk someone who has an entry level position at the branch, befriend him, wait for a position to open up, have him refer you, get the job, work your way up the coaching ladder, get into a position of power and then after all of that, call up AS because by this time he's prob retired/fired and give him a piece of my mind. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Norwood all the way! said:

Stalk someone who has an entry level position at the branch, befriend him, wait for a position to open up, have him refer you, get the job, work your way up the coaching ladder, get into a position of power and then after all of that, call up AS because by this time he's prob retired/fired and give him a piece of my mind. 😁

That's a lot of work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I'm really starting to question Franks being on the 53. Would have been nice to have had the rookie RB available last game.

This. I guess they know he won't clear waivers for ps but who.cares?

Figured he was there for the odd gadget play or Red zone target but nope. Just sat on *** when we could have attacked that D with fresh legs from T.A.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tribal Chief said:

That sounds good on the surface and I don’t disagree but what happens if Ridder faces an injury in the same game? Despite the opinions that the team flat out sucks, they can’t just lay down and throw another skill player back there

Over half the teams in the NFL only have 2 QBs active. That's a risk you take in order to have a different player active that can help you win. The odds of 2 QBs going down in the same game are slim + let's be real here... If it did happen- We are losing anyway. Franks is not changing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

He has better hands than Hesse.  Clearly, Fontenot and Smith are playing 4-D chess.  I see no rhyme or reason to these "fluid moves."

pattern plasma GIF by Round

Hesse should not be starting and I don’t think he will be by mid season. Looks like the only reason they’re playing musical chairs with Firsker is to let him “Earn” the job over Hesse who’s been here. Same thing with Pruitt.. there’s NO WAY Franks should be on the 53 above either guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tribal Chief said:

When Mariota gets himself injured, it will all make sense. Won’t be popular but he’s going to have to serve as the #3 QB

He’s listed at TE and if he has to come into the game at QB at any point during the regular season our goose is Fu€kin fricasseed. We need to start a petition to stop the shenanigans and have Hesse and Franks demoted to the practice squad. But seriously, one of those guys should be cut so we can sign a real 3rd string QB.  

Edited by TheRisen999
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Over half the teams in the NFL only have 2 QBs active. That's a risk you take in order to have a different player active that can help you win. The odds of 2 QBs going down in the same game are slim + let's be real here... If it did happen- We are losing anyway. Franks is not changing that.

Plus Bernhardt is on the Active roster. If things got soooo bad that we’ve burned through two QBs he could line up like he did at Ferris State and finish the game that way. We don’t need Franks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Over half the teams in the NFL only have 2 QBs active. That's a risk you take in order to have a different player active that can help you win. The odds of 2 QBs going down in the same game are slim + let's be real here... If it did happen- We are losing anyway. Franks is not changing that.

“If”. And I didn’t say Franks would carry to victory 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tribal Chief said:

When Mariota gets himself injured, it will all make sense. Won’t be popular but he’s going to have to serve as the #3 QB

And what happens when CP gets injured? We run with Williams as primary and Avery as a backup. I see it as probabilities. I’m betting on a significantly greater chance of injuries to 2 RBs than injuries to 2 QBs. 
 

I understand the argument but if Franks see time as QB 1 the game is done for anyway imho. As someone stated just lineup Bernhardt at QB along with Smith, CP and RB2 (Williams or Allgier) and run the wishbone down their throat. It’s more likely to succeed than Franks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, primetime said:

And what happens when CP gets injured? We run with Williams as primary and Avery as a backup. I see it as probabilities. I’m betting on a significantly greater chance of injuries to 2 RBs than injuries to 2 QBs. 
 

I understand the argument but if Franks see time as QB 1 the game is done for anyway imho. As someone stated just lineup Bernhardt at QB along with Smith, CP and RB2 (Williams or Allgier) and run the wishbone down their throat. It’s more likely to succeed than Franks 

As I said yesterday. What. Can. You. Do?

Personally, I don't see the point in continuing to complain about the Saints game as it's going to change nothing. It's Wednesday and 95% of the active posters are still complaining about the lineup and Smith's press conference. If you guys want to continue to go on and on about something that isn't going to change the outcome of game one, feel free. I've moved on to the Rams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...