AJ Terrell got cooked by WR Thomas

I thought AJ had good coverage on both of those TD passes.  I seem to remember Thomas breaking out for the sideline and that ball being right there on him.

Yes, it would have been great to have AJ come up with an individual play there, but the D just let them go right down the field.  It just amazes me how much these coaches are too much in the moment and don't seem to have a sense of how the games has gone and what we have "not" done well.  If I'm aware of what we haven't done well, I'm making a change, I'm not doing the same thing. 

7 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Two perfectly thrown TD passes. Coverage was tight. That’s not on AJ. 

While this is surely valid I find it difficult to accept that Winston is the best quarterback or that Thomas is the best WR he has faced. 

Both can be true, every pass Winston threw to Thomas was a good pass and AJ was in good position but didn’t play his hands well. 

I will continue to say this and it’s so annoying - our defensive philosophy worked brilliantly for 3 quarters and then we decided to rush 4 only and very obviously showed which 4 would rush and play a soft shell cover 2 for them to easily score in 60 seconds and then we do the same defense yet again so they could match it down our throats just as easily…. Makes absolutely no sense when we are playing beautiful defensive philosophy to switch to god awful philosophy with 14 min left in the game….. 

1 minute ago, Killing Floor said:

While this is surely valid I find it difficult to accept that Winston is the best quarterback or that Thomas is the best WR he has faced. 

Both can be true, every pass Winston threw to Thomas was a good pass and AJ was in good position but didn’t play his hands well. 

Even the worst quarterbacks can place balls where they need to sometimes, and Winston is a decent QB. Looking at Winston’s career you can see that how he placed those balls isn’t the norm. Despite popular belief on these boards, Thomas is a good WR.

AJ had good coverage, any tighter and they would have called pass interference; then the narrative would have changed to him being the next Alford.

Theirs a reason he is called slant boy. AJ was on the inside prepared for the slants on both TDs.

Even still, AJ was right there but on both TDs but both were thrown perfectly and MT made beautiful adjustments & catches. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other guys.

If he played to the outside its likely easy TDs on slants for MT instead.

16 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He shut him down for 3 quarters, but couldn’t when it mattered the most. Everyone wants to throw shade a MM, but AJT gave up some big passes in the 4th which aided their comeback and another classic collapse 

This game was crazy.... Terrell had a good game until literally the last half of the 4th quarter ... He has good coverage then to it's just Mike Thomas and Winston was on one then ...

I'm still lost for words on what happen

2 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

He shut him down for 3 quarters, but couldn’t when it mattered the most. Everyone wants to throw shade a MM, but AJT gave up some big passes in the 4th which aided their comeback and another classic collapse 

2 TDs that were well covered and a well designed pass call that got Thomas open on a run type concept. 

Slant Boi had a step. Slant Boi is a good receiver with strong hands. He’s going to make some catches next time we play the Saints. 

But next time AJ needs to adjust to Slant Boi throughout the game. AJ shut him down at the beginning. But the last 4 crucial catches he allowed were nearly the same route. You can justify that it’s an inside ball the first TD. A pro is gonna beat a pro sometimes. But the second ball to the corner and then the TD back to back were also the same shot. Nobody saying AJ got burned by slant Boi and gave up a TD. It’s that AJ got burned by slant 4 times in a quarter in the same way. AJ did not learn throughout the game what Thomas was going to do and all credit to Pete Carmichael for recognizing that in the game.  Dean Pees sure didn’t recognize it.

Edited by Killing Floor

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He completely whiffed the tip on the first one when he jumped for the seat and missed the ball, he got bodied on the back shoulder. They were well placed balls but the moment of truth is where CBs get paid 🤷🏿‍♂️

I’m more furious at Casey letting Landry jog past him on a straight streak. No clue what he thought he was playing, because he essentially guarded grass when they needed a deep shot.

13 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

He completely whiffed the tip on the first one when he jumped for the seat and missed the ball, he got bodied on the back shoulder. They were well placed balls but the moment of truth is where CBs get paid 🤷🏿‍♂️

I’m more furious at Casey letting Landry jog past him on a straight streak. No clue what he thought he was playing, because he essentially guarded grass when they needed a deep shot.

Perfectly thrown balls > Perfect coverage. If a CB plays perfect coverage and the QB throws a perfectly placed ball. The QB wins a vast majority of the time.

You can only play so close or so physical with a WR before the probability of getting a PI call increases exponentially. The great DBs find the perfect line and toe it. In the NFL, defenses are at an inherent disadvantage on any given play because of the rules.

6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Perfectly thrown balls > Perfect coverage. If a CB plays perfect coverage and the QB throws a perfectly placed ball. The QB wins a vast majority of the time.

You can only play so close or so physical with a WR before the probability of getting a PI call increases exponentially. The great DBs find the perfect line and toe it. In the NFL, defenses are at an inherent disadvantage on any given play because of the rules.

Yeah. I’m arguing the balls weren’t perfect. He was in position to bat down the first ball and missed. The back shoulder MT won the box out. 

I can assure you AJ and the DB room ain’t saying ‘well, they were just perfect’ there’s room for improvement on both of those routes