Atlanta at San Francisco

ATLBham

5 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Im gonna rationalize like so many are doing on TATF, for a moment

I get the freakout, but honestly the Braves were so white hot, they made up 10.5 games and who here thought in June, it would happen in early September. **** I thought they would be lucky to be within 3 games by the final series. they just need to stay within striking distance get the bats going 

No need to panic, besides I just did a fantasy line up full of Mets they are losing tonight and it doesn't matter if DeGrom pitches cause he is my pitcher in all 3 lineups

Ill be glad to post my losing nickel line ups, they were full of Mets. I can put 10 cents on Mets line ups for a looooong time all 3 had DeGrom as the starter. I might just be a nickel cooler

3 minutes ago, ATLBham said:

He got out of that but that’s extremely concerning. I think you got to give him extra rest. He doesn’t look right last few starts and there has been talk of arm fatigue. I would much prefer give him some cool down periods and call up Elder.

I mean outside of his last start of 8 er given up he hasn't really been that bad lately.   His last 5 games went something like this.

6 ip  1 ER
6 ip 2 ER
7 ip 0 ER
7 ip 0 ER
4 IP 8 ER

So really only his last start was he really bad or roughed up the other 5 were exactly what you hope for from your starting pitcher.  Not a terrible idea to keep an eye on him though the next few starts to see if he does need rest and catch it before he gets worse or if it was just 1 bad game or 2.  But overall outside of that 1 bad game he has been very good the last month or so.

27 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I mean outside of his last start of 8 er given up he hasn't really been that bad lately.   His last 5 games went something like this.

6 ip  1 ER
6 ip 2 ER
7 ip 0 ER
7 ip 0 ER
4 IP 8 ER

So really only his last start was he really bad or roughed up the other 5 were exactly what you hope for from your starting pitcher.  Not a terrible idea to keep an eye on him though the next few starts to see if he does need rest and catch it before he gets worse or if it was just 1 bad game or 2.  But overall outside of that 1 bad game he has been very good the last month or so.

Thanks for fact-checking, I’m surprised to see a couple zeros out there in his past few starts. It just feels he’s been off lately, but I guess I got caught up in the moment. He’s been sharp at throwing strikes but last two starts including this one he’s been struggling to locate his pitches. Just hoping that it’s just some West Coast air funk and nothing too serious.