Atlanta at San Francisco

ATLBham

8 minutes ago, ATLBham said:

Wonder if yesterday’s game kinda took the sails out of wind. Losing a game like that can lead to lethargy. No one really has the urgency to play other than Rosario tonight.

Wind out of the sails you mean. I think this guy is pitching really well.  The splitter is nasty. 

40 minutes ago, ATLBham said:

Wonder if yesterday’s game kinda took the sails out of wind. Losing a game like that can lead to lethargy. No one really has the urgency to play other than Rosario tonight.

I wouldn't be surprised. Gotta be tough coming back like only to watch some scrub hand it right back for the 3rd or 4th time on 2 weeks.

I think the road woes might be setting in for the Braves. They've been on the road and out west for a long time now. The trip is a weird one. Fly cross country to Oakland, up to Seattle and back down to SF. You'd think Oakland, SF and then go to Seattle. 

Last night kind of boiled down to two plays making the difference.

1. the grounder in the 2nd that the ump shielded from Grissom so he could not see it, led to a hit, rbi, and inning continuing

2. the Grissom error that led to a run in the 5th

8 hours ago, dmite said:

Wind out of the sails you mean. I think this guy is pitching really well.  The splitter is nasty. 

Thanks. Strangely enough, I'm okay with this loss. Just got to find our groove. That's baseball sometimes.

1 hour ago, The Kingfish said:

The last 30 games:

Olson:  .219/.297/.447  

Riley: .221/.328/.407

Acuna: .271/.348/.390

Swanson:  .250/.304/.371

We need these guys to get hot soon and carry us in the playoffs.  Thank God Money Mike, Travis and Grissom (and occasionally Grossman) have been hitting.   We need Ronald to give us more than singles and occasional stolen bases.  

51 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

We need these guys to get hot soon and carry us in the playoffs.  Thank God Money Mike, Travis and Grissom (and occasionally Grossman) have been hitting.   We need Ronald to give us more than singles and occasional stolen bases.  

He can't really put a lot of torque on his knee with the injury, so he's had to become more of a traditional leadoff hitter. He's not quite the guy that has an OPS of .900 for his career.

11 hours ago, dmite said:

I think Sunday’s loss caused this one to some extent. Last time we lost 3 in a row, it sent us on 8 game win streak, so hopefully we get back to that. 

I don't. The Braves haven't really had hangover losses all season. I think Alex Cobb caused it, a rookie making a baserunning mistake, and some sloppy defense.