Arthur Smith, Marcus Mariota, Grady Jarrett | Postgame press conferences | Saints vs. Falcons

pren226

19 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

Here's the sad truth what you guys are saying is complete B-S... Because it doesn't ******* matter. We have one of the softest, saddest, and "Karen" fanbases in the league. We could be competitive and have winning records EVERY season and we would still ***** and whine because "it wasn't Madden enough", "wasn't flashy or swagger enough", etc... We could make the playoffs EVERY SEASON and "Yeah, but we don't have (insert name star/popular player or Coach) on our team when we did it".  We don't want consistent and solid teams here because "it takes too much time", "we want it now", and "we're not popular"... What the actual two-toned, leather bound, gucci a$shole  branded ****?!? 

I know as a whole we have suffered and just want a team to be proud of but why would a team want to represent and "have the backs" of a fanbase that doesn't have their backs and ***** on them daily?

Plus it doesn't make sense to be in a state where we have a great history of teams and plyers, only for us to not be better knowledgeable about football-ese and how things work...  I'm not saying accept mediocrity but at least be able to see and recognize improvement when its there.  We can do better.  

I've got news for you. Every fanbase is what you describe. One year the Patriots won another Super Bowl they started 0-2 and that fanbase was crying and saying it was time to get rid of Belichick and Brady. If this were Philly AS would be getting death threats, lol. 

But go ahead and blame the fanbase for a pattern of ineptitude that has been going on for years. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Blank said:

I've got news for you. Every fanbase is what you describe. One year the Patriots won another Super Bowl they started 0-2 and that fanbase was crying and saying it was time to get rid of Belichick and Brady. If this were Philly AS would be getting death threats, lol. 

But go ahead and blame the fanbase for a pattern of ineptitude that has been going on for years. 

This is happening in Hollywood.  Some retread remake fails, and they lash out at the fan base.  You don't do that.  Make good movies/Winning football programs and people will show up.  My money is hard earned, and it costs more each year to watch football.  Frankly, it's not worth my time at the fee's now being asked.  

4 minutes ago, jamesmasen said:

You can point to whatever you want as to why we lost .. I'm sticking with Marcus Mariota on this one.. when it mattered most he couldn't even slide to get there points and win the game.. can't even take a snap with the game on the line .. embarrassing

Those two key mistakes are huge and don't want to belittle their importance, but really what should stick out to people about MM is that he has not shown the ability to scan the field at all. It was his issue in Tennessee (along with his poor accuracy on easy throws at times) and he didn't show me yesterday he has gotten past it.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blank said:

I hear what you're saying but there is a reason why our fanbase are known as fair weather fans. I'm not asking for us to be delusional like the Cowboys fanbase, but either the majority of our fanbase knows nothing about the sport of football or the small minority of our fanbase that knows nothing about football is infinitely louder. I guess i just expect our fans to be less near sited and be able to see the whole picture. But you're right, i guess that's the nature of people and fanbases in general. 

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Those two key mistakes are huge and don't want to belittle their importance, but really what should stick out to people about MM is that he has not shown the ability to scan the field at all. It was his issue in Tennessee (along with his poor accuracy on easy throws at times) and he didn't show me yesterday he has gotten past it.

Agree.. dude tries to read the defense post snap.. ridder was almost too decisive pre snap 

We’re all cranky about the loss. If it was against the Seahawks or the Rams it still hurts. But what Arthur Smith doesn’t grasp is there Are Not 16 more games. There Are 5 more division games. We’re not going to the playoffs because we’re winning 15 games but we could darn sure go to the playoffs if we win 5 division games. We lost a division game. It isn’t even relevant that it’s our biggest rival or that we should have maintained the lead by playing to win the last quarter instead of playing for Saints starting position. What matters and what hurts is week 1 we have severely limited our chance to make postseason. Again.