Arthur Smith, Marcus Mariota, Grady Jarrett | Postgame press conferences | Saints vs. Falcons

pren226

47 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Atlanta has had more odds defying, almost impossible losses in 5 years than some franchises have experienced in 50 years. Its a small miracle we still have season ticket holders at this point because this team doesn't just lose, we TORTURE the fanbase.

We are so far in the lead in the Lose a Sure Win category all NFL teams combined will never even get close enough to see our tail lights in the distance. 🤣

58 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

After 28-3 the Falcon fanbase can only stomach so many of these types of losses.

AS is going to need to show improvement or next season could be his last.

Im really hoping this one is his last. Guy has shown me nothing but being an a** in press conferences. All talk. No substance on the field. Man rode Henry’s coattails to a HC job. Bum and Pees needs to retire again.

43 minutes ago, Snafu said:

MM was reckless in running all day. AS had plenty of chances to reign him.

Blame MM for the botched snap fumble all you want, but there was zero reason to call him up under center and have him start doing all kinds of pre-snap shenanigans on a tricky QB sneak. There was no reason to try to catch the defense off guard on the snap. Just line up and hand it to Patterson.

Why? The sneak worked earlier in the game. Hindsight is 20/20 dude. Not AS' fault MM had butterfingers.

I like the MM was honest about the fumble inside the 5. He lost track of where he was and didn't realize he had the first, and wished he went down and protected the ball. Hopefully those mental lapses don't happen again, but either way, live to fight another down.

AS is obviously eager to move onto the next one. I'm not really unhappy with his play calling. The plays were there to be made.

As for the defense, that was unacceptable. Not sure why they were giving the Saints receivers easy chunk yards with massive cushions for most of the 4th quarter. They dominated for 3 quarters and effectively lost the game in the 4th. Don't know what Pees was calling, but it wasn't working...at all.

13 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

We are so far in the lead in the Lose a Sure Win category all NFL teams combined will never even get close enough to see our tail lights in the distance. 🤣

The best at “ripping defeat from the jaws of victory”. At least we’re #1 at something 😂

Edited by rtbsmgsmf

14 minutes ago, TheRisen999 said:

It’s game one 

It's game 17 of Arthur Smith and seeing the team make bone headed late game mistakes is becoming a pattern. We blew several games last year too including the Saints game that was salvaged by Matt Ryan pulling a magic rabbit out of his *** with that crazy throw to CP 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

No one is doubting that turnovers played a huge role in the game. But they are completely overshadowed by the defense completely folding on the final three drives after looking dominate, save for the first TD, and the offense not being able to put the game away at the end. It's both on the coaches and the players. I'm not gonna put it solely on either and no one should. They both screwed the pooch.

It's the same old ****. Regardless of the fumbles we were up 26-10 in the 4th and completely collapsed like we've seen time and time again. It's hard seeing that and caring to watch another game this season. Nothing has changed. We've been dealing with this **** going on 6 years now. At what point does rooting for this team become insanity? 

All that being said I'm too **** invested and will probably watch their next game but dammit I wish I was able to just look away and find better things to do with my time. Butt hurt rant over.

1 minute ago, Foo Falcons said:

No one is doubting that turnovers played a huge role in the game. But they are completely overshadowed by the defense completely folding on the final three drives after looking dominate, save for the first TD, and the offense not being able to put the game away at the end. It's both on the coaches and the players. I'm not gonna put it solely on either and no one should. They both screwed the pooch.

It's the same old ****. Regardless of the fumbles we were up 26-10 in the 4th and completely collapsed like we've seen time and time again. It's hard seeing that and caring to watch another game this season. Nothing has changed. We've been dealing with this **** going on 6 years now. At what point does rooting for this team become insanity? 

All that being said I'm too **** invested and will probably watch their next game but dammit I wish I was able to just look away and find better things to do with my time. Butt hurt rant over.

Just let go. I did the moment this franchise whiffed on therapist and had to scramble trade their disrespected franchise QB for pennies on the dollar. 

4 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Sad thing is we lost the most winnable game of the 17.  Next week the Falcons are going to get embarrassed by the SB Champs who’ll be angry pissed off and prime to beat up on this inept group.  We’re for all intents and purposes 0-2 starting the season.  

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Just let go. I did the moment this franchise whiffed on therapist and had to scramble trade their disrespected franchise QB for pennies on the dollar. 

I did as well before unfortunately getting right back into the thick of it because I love draft season, loved our draft, and held onto hope. I at least don't let them effect my mood for the rest of my Sunday so there's progress haha next step is total detachment because after all whats the point of sports without emotion? 

1 minute ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Sad thing is we lost the most winnable game of the 17.  Next week the Falcons are going to get embarrassed by the SB Champs who’ll be angry pissed off and prime to beat up on this inept group.  We’re for all intents and purposes 0-2 starting the season.  

More than likely you are absolutely correct. We still have a couple bum teams to play at least but I'm not holding my breath

22 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

I've questioned my sanity for putting myself through this year after year so many times I've lost count. I find it weird and maybe disturbing to stay a fan to a team that brings so much pain lol but here I am as always. I guess I'm nuts. 🤪

All I know is Thank God for uga and the braves or I'm sure someone would have me in a padded room somewhere

37 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

We're the Washington Generals of the league. The rest of the NFL teams portray the Harlem Globetrotters against us every Sunday. 😂

Just saw this stat on NFL website 

NFL Research: Atlanta has blown three 15-plus-point leads in the NFL since 2020. The rest of the league has blown two 15-plus-point leads combined.”