Arthur Smith, Marcus Mariota, Grady Jarrett | Postgame press conferences | Saints vs. Falcons

pren226

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Let me guess, more AS acting like an ******* despite the fact that his situational playcalling has been one of the biggest and most glaring weaknesses for this team during his tenure. Maybe he should fix himself.

Pretty much nailed it

21 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Go figure. Acting like an ******* is easy. Actually identifying and fixing your own problems takes a level of humility that AS doesn’t seem to publicly display.

What problems did AS have today? Threw for 215, ran for 201, 0 sacks, controlled TOP The offenses problem today was literally 3 fumbles. 3 fumbles cost us the game. No matter what the defense started to do or didn’t do in the 4th quarter, 3 fumbles lost the game. And I don’t care what anyone says, They would have scored a touchdown on the drive MM fumbled at the 5. Saints were done and we put them back in it.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

After 28-3 the Falcon fanbase can only stomach so many of these types of losses.

AS is going to need to show improvement or next season could be his last.

At the very least, he should be forced to bring in a competent OC and relinquish play calling duties.

I said it before, I like what he does for the team culturally, but I hate what he does for the 60 minutes that actually matter.

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

After 28-3 the Falcon fanbase can only stomach so many of these types of losses.

Atlanta has had more odds defying, almost impossible losses in 5 years than some franchises have experienced in 50 years. Its a small miracle we still have season ticket holders at this point because this team doesn't just lose, we TORTURE the fanbase.

2 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

What problems did AS have today? Threw for 215, ran for 201, 0 sacks, controlled TOP The offenses problem today was literally 3 fumbles. 3 fumbles cost us the game. No matter what the defense started to do or didn’t do in the 4th quarter, 3 fumbles lost the game. And I don’t care what anyone says, They would have scored a touchdown on the drive MM fumbled at the 5. Saints were done and we put them back in it.

MM was reckless in running all day. AS had plenty of chances to reign him.

Blame MM for the botched snap fumble all you want, but there was zero reason to call him up under center and have him start doing all kinds of pre-snap shenanigans on a tricky QB sneak. There was no reason to try to catch the defense off guard on the snap. Just line up and hand it to Patterson.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

At the very least, he should be forced to bring in a competent OC and relinquish play calling duties.

I said it before, I like what he does for the team culturally, but I hate what he does for the 60 minutes that actually matter.

Good playmaking last year was Doo Doo. Very underwhelming. Even if you don't have great players, a coach can still call good games. Which I haven't seen from him for the most part

In my view, there is too much criticism of the HC in this thread.  The offense put up good numbers today and the defense looked better than I can recall.   

The game was lost in turnovers.  That is not play calling.  I am no expert but the comments I have read in this thread are 20/20 hindsight shots.  

Every single respected football mind argues that turnovers affect the game more than any other single factor.  We lost today because of turnovers.......plain and simple. 

7 minutes ago, etherdome said:

In my view, there is too much criticism of the HC in this thread.  The offense put up good numbers today and the defense looked better than I can recall.   

The game was lost in turnovers.  That is not play calling.  I am no expert but the comments I have read in this thread are 20/20 hindsight shots.  

Every single respected football mind argues that turnovers affect the game more than any other single factor.  We lost today because of turnovers.......plain and simple. 

or cowardice.

Smith took two delay of game penalties AT HOME on 4th down to give the ball back to the Saints. He's a gutless coach with a low IQ parading around like a tough guy who has accomplished nothing.

AS literally hates the media. Sorry it’s the head coach’s job to address the media with out acting like a petulant child. He needs to handle that a lot better along with the team. As people said the fumbles cost us the game. The play calling didn’t help in the 4th offense and defense 

Edited by Caddieman

39 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

I concur lol

24 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Eh, we led 26-10 despite the turnovers. Then we laid down on defense, including inexplicably letting them shred us with our entire starting DL out of the game. We made life difficult on Winston for three quarters, then decided we didn't need to anymore. 

44 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don’t think so. The fact that it’s in the cards as a rebuilding job I give him till 2024 season till his jobs becomes in danger in all honestly. And to be Frank, I see ALOT of improvement over last year so far. Yes there is bad, but there is positives also.