Arthur Smith You SUCK

Xfactor

2 hours ago, Banana Bandit said:

His passing game is solid, it's just based on timing routes. Ridder was reading defenses pre-snap and hitting on these routes when he hit his drop. Mariota hasn't showed me a lot when it comes to his ability to read NFL defenses in the passing game. Heck, in the run game today, he took multiple questionable angles that resulted in less yards.

Mariota seemed terrified to throw outside of the numbers today for whatever reason. Took Pitts out of the game due to it.

We must be watching a different route tree and different film. 

5 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

i dont get how its AS fault. DP ****** up by letting the saints score in 4 plays that one drive lost of the game cuz i knew we was gonna lose cuz every game he calls ***** plays when we have a lead. when the aggressive defense dominated for 3 qtrs. why do you play ****ty zone defense when this team doesnt have the players 

True…. But he is the head coach. He could’ve said “hey, quit playing prevent defense, I want to win this game”. As the head coach, he can over rule a coach. Or, if that coach is not coaching the way he wants… replace him. Either way…. AS is ultimately responsible because he’s tha man. Goes with the job. 

Just now, Wardog357 said:

True…. But he is the head coach. He could’ve said “hey, quit playing prevent defense, I want to win this game”. As the head coach, he can over rule a coach. Or, if that coach is not coaching the way he wants… replace him. Either way…. AS is ultimately responsible because he’s tha man. Goes with the job. 

But also the offense is his and yhey had their share of chances in yhe 4 th quarter snd they laid an egg. So enough fault to spread on both sides. 

1 hour ago, Matty ICE said:

I dont understand why people are calling to fire this man. He has had us looking competitive with poop. Yes, he's made mistakes but look around the entire NFL today.. I saw a lot of boneheaded decisions. And he has a right to be upset at the podium, we just blew a 16 point lead. Ya'll want him to smile and DQ it up? 

Yep. The difference between Week 1 last year and Week 1 this year is night and day...

We have a culture of losing, and it bit us again today...but from the looks of it, we are on our way to changing that. The stink of SB51, and the DQ "Embrace the Suck" culture doesn't change in a week or a season...it takes time. The difference between today and last year, even with a torturous loss, is encouraging...

14 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I just hope he doesn't get too stubborn with playing vets over rookies. Because there's a few rooks that I would've rather seen out there today.

And remind me why Allgier wasn't in the lineup. With CP pounding it early, Allgier would've been smashing heads in the 4th.

And MM is not an answer at QB, more like our Achilles heel. Too many times he doesn't stand up to the pressure of the moment.

2 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

And remind me why Allgier wasn't in the lineup. With CP pounding it early, Allgier would've been smashing heads in the 4th.

And MM is not an answer at QB, more like our Achilles heel. Too many times he doesn't stand up to the pressure of the moment.

He tried to play hero ball but forget he is not a hero. Play within your means. If he does not fumble those 2 times it's a run away victory.

7 minutes ago, Nono said:

Would we have won if MR was still in charge??

No one knows. The run game would not have been nearly as effective and the protection would not have been nearly as good with Ryan at QB. Being a mobile QB opened other things up for the offense. That being said our pass game took a hit (to be expected).

despite the 2 turnovers we still scored 26 points on one of the more talented defenses in the league. Too many FGs though (what else is new).

5 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Allgier being a healthy scratch with Avery Williams taking up the 3rd RB spot is another fail smh. If Williams offers nothing in the run game, just switch him back to db. He's not that great of a returner.