Arthur Smith You SUCK

Xfactor

1 minute ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Even if this game was won, the non ability to scheme the ball into Pitts hands, and no back up for your back up at RB (Avery is not a RB) raised hairs for me.

CP and Mariota both won't make it through the season if we are going to stick with this gameplan. 

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

I’ve come to realize Coach smith calls a good run game but his passing game leaves a lot to be desired. 

mariota leaves a lot to be desired. I definitely thought he would be better. 

His passing game is solid, it's just based on timing routes. Ridder was reading defenses pre-snap and hitting on these routes when he hit his drop. Mariota hasn't showed me a lot when it comes to his ability to read NFL defenses in the passing game. Heck, in the run game today, he took multiple questionable angles that resulted in less yards.

Mariota seemed terrified to throw outside of the numbers today for whatever reason. Took Pitts out of the game due to it.

Edited by Banana Bandit

3 minutes ago, Banana Bandit said:

His passing game is solid, it's just based on timing routes. Ridder was reading defenses pre-snap and hitting on these routes when he hit his drop. Mariota hasn't showed me a lot when it comes to his ability to read NFL defenses in the passing game. Heck, in the run game today, he took multiple questionable angles that resulted in less yards.

Ridder was making very simple reads against teams running the same vanilla defenses with third string defenders every snap. Now not saying he didn't  do a good job, but it's no reference for what he'll do against real teams throwing everything and kitchen sink at him. Just pointing that out to temper expectations in case we do see him this year, which I think is likely. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

2 minutes ago, MikeSmithsNotepad said:

Has Blank ever hired a head coach with NFL head coaching experience in the 20 years since he has owned the team? Why do we always have people who are learning on the job. Yes i know most teams hire up and coming assistants but we seem to hire "outside of the box" head coaches.

We should have just done the obvious and hired from Shanahans coaching tree when we had the chance. Thing about HC with experience is that if they are good they aren't available. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

CP and Mariota both won't make it through the season if we are going to stick with this gameplan. 

Completely right, it makes no sense. They have built this team to have a balanced offense. But let's move away from a strength and incorporate two players

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We should have just done the obvious and hired from Shanahans coaching tree when we had the chance. Thing about HC with experience is that if they are good they aren't available. 

We need to plant some evidence in KC to get Andy fired again. 

3 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Head coach sucks. 
DC sucks. 
No player talent. 
GM sucks. 

You post something dumb and I, along with several others, downvote it. Your response is to go to my profile and click on a post of mine from from 8 months ago and downvote it? 

Oh no!! How will I ever sleep tonight. 

image.gif.8b2c1201df64ab138c000ac152ed34e4.gif

6 minutes ago, Tempus Fugit said:

Absolutely!  No sacks and CP being the first to go over 100 yards against the Saints is definitely a mega plus.

Let's just hope they learn from the 4th quarter meltdowns eventually...

We haven’t learned since 28-3 and it even started before that if a game was 3 quarters we would have more SB trophies than Tom Brady 

There is no getting around the stat below from NFL.com. I feel the pain with the rest of you. 

NFL Research: Atlanta has blown three 15-plus-point leads in the NFL since 2020. The rest of the league has blown two 15-plus-point leads combined.

That said, the final outcome and the play of the team were both better than I expected going into the game. The sequence of events utterly bites, but if all the same things happen in a different order we could have lost this game and ended up feeling pretty good about :

• The offense was effecient at times and mostly avoided 3 and outs, even on late drives.
  • Mariota played at the top of his range.
  • Even down a man, the running game was effective against one of last year's better run stuffing units. 
  • The Saints took away our best offensive weapon, and the offense still put up six scoring drives. 
  • A defense that redefined just how bad you can be at rushing the passer in 2021 was totally disruptive to the opposing QB for three quarters. Let's go for four quarters next week. The Saints flipped the script when they went up tempo. That is something that can be coached up going forward. 

I am not as upset as many of you. Of course, my expectations were propbably lower than many of you going in. 

37 minutes ago, MikeSmithsNotepad said:

Has Blank ever hired a head coach with NFL head coaching experience in the 20 years since he has owned the team? Why do we always have people who are learning on the job. Yes i know most teams hire up and coming assistants but we seem to hire "outside of the box" head coaches.

Because Blank is a piss poor excuse for an NFL owner.  

23 minutes ago, falcndave said:

There is no getting around the stat below from NFL.com. I feel the pain with the rest of you. 

NFL Research: Atlanta has blown three 15-plus-point leads in the NFL since 2020. The rest of the league has blown two 15-plus-point leads combined.

That said, the final outcome and the play of the team were both better than I expected going into the game. The sequence of events utterly bites, but if all the same things happen in a different order we could have lost this game and ended up feeling pretty good about :

• The offense was effecient at times and mostly avoided 3 and outs, even on late drives.
  • Mariota played at the top of his range.
  • Even down a man, the running game was effective against one of last year's better run stuffing units. 
  • The Saints took away our best offensive weapon, and the offense still put up six scoring drives. 
  • A defense that redefined just how bad you can be at rushing the passer in 2021 was totally disruptive to the opposing QB for three quarters. Let's go for four quarters next week. The Saints flipped the script when they went up tempo. That is something that can be coached up going forward. 

I am not as upset as many of you. Of course, my expectations were propbably lower than many of you going in. 

My expectations were low going in. But just like the ol' Falcons they get you to buy in and then the piss it away like they always do. 

4 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

MM fumbled in two different situations that would’ve put the game away. Had he not, we wouldn’t have these Smith threads. This place was singing Smith’s praises up until the 4th (ya know, when MM fumbled the game away). 

Yep... There were a lot of other plays that could have been made too. Players have to play, the coach can only do so much.

1 minute ago, Sponge said:

I know this is a hate AS thread but I like his coaching.

I've been on Arthur Smith since last season but even I feel this thread is a little much. There ARE things I like about Arthur Smith just think he's lacking in the creativity and situational stuff. Really the guy that should be be getting crucified is Pees.