Arthur Smith You SUCK

Xfactor

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

If Mariota had not fumbled inside the 10, the extra field goal would have won the game.

I get that, and there's no doubt it probably would've went a long way into us putting that game away because I think the saints would've waived the white flag if we would've scored another TD there, but we had so many series after that where I can't get behind the notion that that fumble was the cause for this loss when we had so many opportunities afterwards to still seal the win.

AS blew this one. He had two consecutive series late in the 4th to show his team who he was, and I believe he flunked badly.

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Different coaches different players same result another collapse in the 4th quarter. 
if you stand up at that podium smug acting like your superior I would smack you off that ******* podium.

You’re no different than all the other coaches that’s came through here and doesn’t understand situational football. I’m sick of these collapses and you and Pees should go work for your daddy because you are an average football coach **** you Arthur Smith. 

He was an *** at the podium.. Did you smack him? lol

1 hour ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I just hope he doesn't get too stubborn with playing vets over rookies. Because there's a few rooks that I would've rather seen out there today.

I worry this also.  Grant looked great and spots today.  Wondered “why didn’t this dude see the field last year?”.  Felt similar to how the previous Smith ran thing in that regard.

11 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I’ve come to realize Coach smith calls a good run game but his passing game leaves a lot to be desired. 

mariota leaves a lot to be desired. I definitely thought he would be better. 

Then you didn't watch him play in Tennessee. This was a very good game by his standards sans obviously the last fumble. 

I can't with you people. I swear, the loss of IQ that happens on this board when we suffer a tough loss is almost immeasurable. The truth is, if you didn't come away from this game with a ton of hope for the future of this franchise... you're irredeemable as a fan. You would think after 23+ years of being a part of this online community I'd be able to tolerate some of y'all better than I do... but nope... I can't. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

If Mariota had not fumbled inside the 10, the extra field goal would have won the game.

Really?  There was 3:11 left in the 3rd quarter when that happened.  There were a combined 8 drives after that fumble, we have no idea how things would have played out differently.  NO could have easily played more hurry up, used time outs differently, not settled for a field goal at the end.  It’s nonsense to pin point one play as to why we lost, it’s even more absurd to do so calling out a play in the third quarter.

2 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

It was a team effort.   Everyone did just enough to lose

I can literally name plenty of guys who contributed to Losing that game. 

Notables: 

AJT who was absolute garbage at times. More often than not really  

MM1, who has to take better care of the ball, or it’ll be Ridder time sooner than later. 

Pitts killed a drive by dropping a critical 3rd down conversion.

Coaches had a few bad decisions late, too.   

Someone didn’t block to give Koo’s kick a chance  

Players missing tackles, particularly the one that led to hill running it down our throats to set up a score  

Those are just off the top of my head. If ever there was a team effort to blow it, this was it. Probably the best example since 51.  

I'd rather see them losing on big plays where they were blitzing and putting pressure on Winston in the 4th as opposed to playing "not to lose".  Playing not to lose only loses.

Winston is NOT a good QB.  You see what the pressure did to him in the first 3 quarters.

The first fumble Marcus had was on him.  The second one came from lack of game-time repetitions.  With less reps in the pre-season, this is going to happen.  Marcus is a good QB, but the problem is - he will probably have a season-ending injury in 2-3 games if he keeps running like that.  

Was really happy to see how the defense played for 3/4th's of the game.  Patterson is still an absolute monster, and another thing - NO sacks on Marcus today.  That was odd!

Players are going to make mistakes. These coaching blunders are no longer mistakes. It's the same thing we seen last season. Why do some people on here keep giving this staff a pass?

Both coordinators called a very good game...until they had to call the game to hold a lead. AS abandoned the entire gameplan he had in the 1st 3 quarters. The roll outs stopped, CP between the guard and tackles happened more often which was stopped because the threat of passing the ball was gone, Pees backed the defense off into soft zones and loose man. Doesn't work when the opposition isn't looking to take the deep shot and plays the quick dump offs. 

The staff needs to be at full blame for falling apart in the 4th quarter. Players cannot make the play if the play isn't really there for them to make

25 minutes ago, Tempus Fugit said:

I'd rather see them losing on big plays where they were blitzing and putting pressure on Winston in the 4th as opposed to playing "not to lose".  Playing not to lose only loses.

Winston is NOT a good QB.  You see what the pressure did to him in the first 3 quarters.

The first fumble Marcus had was on him.  The second one came from lack of game-time repetitions.  With less reps in the pre-season, this is going to happen.  Marcus is a good QB, but the problem is - he will probably have a season-ending injury in 2-3 games if he keeps running like that.  

Was really happy to see how the defense played for 3/4th's of the game.  Patterson is still an absolute monster, and another thing - NO sacks on Marcus today.  That was odd!

Our line played one of their best games in a long time. 

2 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

i dont get how its AS fault. DP ****** up by letting the saints score in 4 plays that one drive lost of the game cuz i knew we was gonna lose cuz every game he calls ***** plays when we have a lead. when the aggressive defense dominated for 3 qtrs. why do you play ****ty zone defense when this team doesnt have the players 

Part of that is up to the HC to manage the game. Scheme, philosophy, tempo, all of that falls ultimately to the head coach. 

30 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I can literally name plenty of guys who contributed to Losing that game. 

Notables: 

AJT who was absolute garbage at times. More often than not really  

MM1, who has to take better care of the ball, or it’ll be Ridder time sooner than later. 

Pitts killed a drive by dropping a critical 3rd down conversion.

Coaches had a few bad decisions late, too.   

Someone didn’t block to give Koo’s kick a chance  

Players missing tackles, particularly the one that led to hill running it down our throats to set up a score  

Those are just off the top of my head. If ever there was a team effort to blow it, this was it. Probably the best example since 51.  

At the end of the day though HC is the one accountable for the teams performance overall.