It doesn’t matter who the coach is, this continues to be such a clown organization

Redjack

4 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

I wish someone reporting would flat out ask "why has your defense consistently played soft in the 4th quarter for the last decade?" 

It’s not just the fourth, it even feels week to week sometimes.  “Oh this worked really well?  Let’s just stop doing that.”  

I remember when Nolan was here as DC and Peyton Manning was in Denver, it was a prime time game and we did some crazy amoeba defense where no one had their hand in the dirt and no one knew who was rushing or dropping and It confused the heck out of Peyton and he couldn’t do his normal presnap adjustments and we dominated on defense that game.  Then suddenly we never saw that again, not another snap.  And our defense sucked the rest of the year.  

Like why do we continue doing things that don’t work and then when we do accidentally stumble across something that works really well, we are like “whoa that feels weird, let’s go back to how we used to do it” and then collapse.  It’s so strange. 

I know there is a lot more to it than that, but from a surface lens it’s really odd that’s it’s happened through so many coaches and players here.

2 minutes ago, Rings said:

It’s not just the fourth, it even feels week to week sometimes.  “Oh this worked really well?  Let’s just stop doing that.”  

I remember when Nolan was here as DC and Peyton Manning was in Denver, it was a prime time game and we did some crazy amoeba defense where no one had their hand in the dirt and no one knew who was rushing or dropping and It confused the heck out of Peyton and he couldn’t do his normal presnap adjustments and we dominated on defense that game.  Then suddenly we never saw that again, not another snap.  And our defense sucked the rest of the year.  

Like why do we continue doing things that don’t work and then when we do accidentally stumble across something that works really well, we are like “whoa that feels weird, let’s go back to how we used to do it” and then collapse.  It’s so strange. 

I know there is a lot more to it than that, but from a surface lens it’s really odd that’s it’s happened through so many coaches and players here.

I remember that game, God I was sooooo excited for our defense after it. And then kaput never again 

And that’s why I defend DLed. 
Sure, he says some goofy things. But for the most part he asks Smith question I really want to have answered. He doesn’t need to be an expert on the game to notice that what we’re delivering on game day isn’t successful. I’m tired of hearing Smith go off like he’s too good to answer DLed. In 3 years Ledbetter will still be working in Atlanta. Smith will be long gone. 

2 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

And that’s why I defend DLed. 
Sure, he says some goofy things. But for the most part he asks Smith question I really want to have answered. He doesn’t need to be an expert on the game to notice that what we’re delivering on game day isn’t successful. I’m tired of hearing Smith go off like he’s too good to answer DLed. In 3 years Ledbetter will still be working in Atlanta. Smith will be long gone. 

Dled is not clowned for the basis of his questions its the way he words & presents questions. How he has been in the game as long as he has been and with the education he has to his name but yet be so bad at what he does is beyond me.

2 hours ago, socalriseup said:

I wish someone reporting would flat out ask "why has your defense consistently played soft in the 4th quarter for the last decade?" 

Dled: "So coach, ummm, you said you all were fed up with being in the bottom of the league in defense. How do you explain coming out so hot and then just fall ing apart like that?"

Dean Pees: "Well, last year we only installed 60% of the defensive. Today we played 75% of a whole game. Now I'm not a mathematician or anything, but I think 75% is better than 60%, don't you?"

Dled: "Ummm, yeah ok. Thanks, coach."

9 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Dled is not clowned for the basis of his questions its the way he words & presents questions. How he has been in the game as long as he has been and with the education he has to his name but yet be so bad at what he does is beyond me.

I get what you’re saying. 

As in How can someone coach in the NFL for 40 years and so fully lose their attention defensively in the 4th quarter. 

5 minutes ago, midas_whale said:

Process of elimination points to the owner.  That is the only constant over the last couple of decades.

Home Depot wouldn’t have 2 negative sales years. 
1 single HD location wouldn’t have 2 negative sales years. There would be an army of managers and consultants figuring it out and the store managers would be gone first sign of a problem. 

3 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Home Depot wouldn’t have 2 negative sales years. 
1 single HD location wouldn’t have 2 negative sales years. There would be an army of managers and consultants figuring it out and the store managers would be gone first sign of a problem. 

Part of the problem is that the owner seems to think he understands football as well as a he seemed to understand big box retail.  The other part is the difference between his mental acuity now and what it was when he was selling hammers.

9 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

We all have to be mentally insane at this point to continue watching. I feel like I am in an abusive relationship at this point with the Falcons. They show me no love, nothing but hardship and pain.

I've said for years that being a fan of this team is like being in an abusive relationship.  That's why I now treat it like a booty call.