Waller just got 51m for 3yr…. Now I know we will never keep Pitts

dragonsyth

Just now, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

So KC did want him, but Hill didn't want to stay, makes my statement more true. Teams pay their best players, it's when you pay average to mediocre players, great player contracts.

How does Hill not wanting to stay make this true? "KC couldn't pay their man because they are paying their QB and TE big time money" 

4 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Cross that river when it comes.

Just enjoy and get the maximum from him now.

We drafted him, we at least have that edge.

Some of ya'll would hate to see him get paid anyway.

So true. TAFT hates seeing our best players getting paid. 

Which ultimately means siding with ownership more than with players. Which I’ve always found fascinating. 

Top dollar on any team is spent at three positions.  QB, LT (or RT if your franchise QB is a lefty) and pass rush monster.  Everything else is predicated on your team makeup.  I don't think anyone pays for WR and RB, and that's thanks to the college ranks churning out more pro ready, day one talent.  Add to that the rookie pay scale, where you can move on from diminishing returns at RB rather quickly.  At the end of the day, you win and lose based on your ability to dominate the line of scrimmage.  

2 hours ago, Tru2Atlanta404 said:

I told you people on here always diss Julio but praise Matt Ryan. When In fact Julio has had the better career yeah Ryan won the MVP one year but look at the body of work. Julio has had 5 all pro seasons and 7 pro bowls to Matt Ryan’s 4 pro bowls and 1 all pro season outside of This board ask any football fan who would they take in they prime Julio or Ryan it’s going to be a landslide win for Julio

Ok, production. 4500yds, 30 tds per season compared to 1500yds, 6tds. Which would I rather have? Hmmm.

I can replace my wr easier than my franchise qb.

Edited by Williamb
Addition

13 hours ago, Spongebob said:

He'd have to start by scoring more then 1 TD per season to start worrying about this

By my math he has a 33% TD to pass rate when lining up between the 20 yard line. Let that sink in. 
17 games. 3 targets. 

pause to let that marinate 

3 times in 17 games our coach told our quarterback to throw to our best receiver in the red zone. 

3 (three). 

Now complain about his TD production. 

1 hour ago, Killing Floor said:

By my math he has a 33% TD to pass rate when lining up between the 20 yard line. Let that sink in. 
17 games. 3 targets. 

pause to let that marinate 

3 times in 17 games our coach told our quarterback to throw to our best receiver in the red zone. 

3 (three). 

Now complain about his TD production. 

Lol a case in how stats can be manipulated. If it makes you feel better, go ahead. This is probably the biggest stretch/manipulation of stats I've ever seen in sports. This is on political levels 

8 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

Lol a case in how stats can be manipulated. If it makes you feel better, go ahead. This is probably the biggest stretch/manipulation of stats I've ever seen in sports. This is on political levels 

Believe what you like.  I'm saying for the record that not playing Pitts in the red zone all season is a pretty trackable reason why he only scored once.  That's not on KP at all.  But see it how you want.

8 hours ago, jetpac said:

Bruh…. Julio Jones was legendary. Don’t do that. Julio might have been THE best first round pick we’ve had in the last 20 years

Julio was overrated. Injury prone. Not on the field in critical situations. Played every season darn near it hurt of some sort. Terrible in the red zone. In three seasons Calvin Ridley has half the amount of touchdowns as Julio. Gimmie Roddy White every day of the week over Julio.

6 hours ago, Falconus Prime said:

Julio was overrated. Injury prone. Not on the field in critical situations. Played every season darn near it hurt of some sort. Terrible in the red zone. In three seasons Calvin Ridley has half the amount of touchdowns as Julio. Gimmie Roddy White every day of the week over Julio.

We also traded 5 picks for him including two #1s...and this is what started the deterioration of a team that managed 3 winning seasons in a row after never having back to back winners. That equity lost could never be recovered by any WR that has ever lived. It was very bad football management.