Braves at Mariners

For the A

8 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

The Mets/Marlins pitching favors Miami regardless of Alcantara. Mets don't even know who will take Scherzers spot on Friday. Problem is the Marlins offense is basically a AAA team. 

Maybe A+ Ball.....

11 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

No, he starts tomorrow. Anderson got the ball today, they played at 1 PM. He gave up 4 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 5 K in 5.1 innings. He threw 96 pitches but only 56 strikes. 

Idk what’s up with him, but I’m not sure he should see the majors for quite some time 

16 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

No, he starts tomorrow. Anderson got the ball today, they played at 1 PM. He gave up 4 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 5 K in 5.1 innings. He threw 96 pitches but only 56 strikes. 

Was really hoping he was only in a slump. Looks like there’s deeper issues for sure. I hope he gets it sorted out soon. 

10 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I would assume he's working on his 3rd pitch but I have not read any reports on what happened today. I'm sure @K26dp could help enlighten us as to what is happening with Ian. 

Mostly he's trying to fix his mechanics. His arm slot had dropped considerably, starting around mid-season last year when he was injured. That's mostly impacted his command and his ability to throw the FB with life up in the zone and stay on top of his curveball. He's shown progress, but he's not back yet, and I would be surprised to see him again in the majors short of an injury to another pitcher. 

These aren't easy fixes. Also, I wouldn't read to much into any box score. His goal isn't to pitch Gwinnett to victory, he's working on specific things and the results are almost inconsequential. A good outing doesn't mean he's fixed everything and a bad one doesn't mean he's lost either.