The fans that live around you: college or NFL and how is it?

atlantafan

Do you live around mostly college or NFL fans? I'm in north Cumming area- it seems like the majority of everyone here except me is a college fan first. Between church, neighborhood, what you see at the stores, parks, etc. it seems most people are college fans first. Mostly UGA fans. I like college football but prefer the pro's.... always have, and I'm from the south. Topics that come up from people are usually related to college ball. If you are a NFL/ falcons fan first how do you react? Unfortunately a lot of times I just talk with them about the dawgs, college ball, Jackets when I rather talk about the falcons. How is it in your area?

My family is mostly NFL fans, but everybody likes somebody different. My Pops was a Browns fan, my nephew is a Bungle, my brother likes the Queens, my other brother his wife are huge Steelers junkies. The rest are an assortment of Browns/Steelers/Cowboys fans. I fired the only Falcons fan that I actually knew for FMLA abuse.

But I live in the biggest college town in the country and 90% of everybody here likes the same **name redacted** team. The other 10% jocks on their rivals, and most of both teams' fans are obnoxious about it.

Well…

I’m living in Austin so…

Longhorns and Cowboys. It’s cool, we’re all fans and good neighbors. Funny thing is even over in Houston there’s as much love for the Boys as the Texans as far as I can see. 

My wife is a Longhorn and we go to a few Texas games and a few Baylor games. Texas games are louder and 2X as many people but Baylor does a better job at fan experience. I’ve been to some Boys games and some Texans games. It’s a long trip and not my favorite teams but Jones Mahal is a cool place to see games. Went to the Falcons game in Dallas last time. 

People, my friends and colleagues know I’m an ATL fan and they usually give me guff but I give it back.  All good. 

High School football is another story. It’s for real. And kids and the parents are nutzo. The crazy starts in first grade. 

Edited by Killing Floor

I don't know why I thought that everybody on this message board lived in Atlanta....LOL

On topic....

I live in Kansas, so the majority of people here are Chiefs fans first (because they won a SB) and then they're K-State fans.  I have nothing against it, but everybody who knows me, knows that it's Falcons and Bulldogs...ALL DAY!!!

I'm in southern NJ, so most people are Eagles fans around here. A lots of them are obnoxious fans, reason I dislike the Eagles so much. My family all like different NFL teams:  Falcons, Patriots, Seahawks, Panthers & Cowboys.

We all like the other Philly sports teams.  Just can't stand the Eagles, the fans and the news push them on everybody so much.

Go Falcons.

Doooooovaaaaaallllll and chomp-chomp. I get so tired of them. Doesn't help that we used to have 2 high schools (bulldogs and gators) (i was a bulldog). When the schools merged they kept the stupid gator. Took our big liberty bell and painted it green and gold. I was pissed about that for several years, but I'm an old fart curmudgeon. Btw, " get off my grass". 

See!!!

UGA alum working in Alpharetta. It’s only college ball around here, or at least the ppl I’ve been exposed to

Blows cause I’d love to chop it up with the boys about the NFL but the convo has to stay college ball. Don’t get me wrong I like college and my dawgs, but it doesn’t come close to the nfl and the falcons 

3 hours ago, atlantafan said:

Do you live around mostly college or NFL fans? I'm in north Cumming area- it seems like the majority of everyone here except me is a college fan first. Between church, neighborhood, what you see at the stores, parks, etc. it seems most people are college fans first. Mostly UGA fans. I like college football but prefer the pro's.... always have, and I'm from the south. Topics that come up from people are usually related to college ball. If you are a NFL/ falcons fan first how do you react? Unfortunately a lot of times I just talk with them about the dawgs, college ball, Jackets when I rather talk about the falcons. How is it in your area?

Both.. anything Georgia related Falcons, Hawks, Braves,UGA, Tech, Georgia Southern.. is heavily supported. 

6 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

College basketball country here. Unc dook and state. College football next. Then the hurricanes. Then the panthers a distance fourth. 

Yup. I moved to NC in the late 80's before the Panthers were a thing & everyone here was a Redskins fan.

Definitely Heels or Dook getting the most attention (NC State is like the annoying little brother who's never quite good enough to compete with the others, so they hang on to stuff from 40 years ago when they were decent for 5 minutes).

People are wishy washy as all **** when it comes to supporting the Canes or Panthers. If they're winning, everyone here acts like they are the biggest, most diehard fans ever... but the second those teams lose a few games, you'd think they didn't have any fans at all.