Jump to content

Were #31 !!! NFL Power Rankings week one


RetroRoq
 Share

Recommended Posts

NFL.com released its power rankings for prior to week one and the Falcons have the #31 spot secured.

This is the first chapter of the rebuild (dont say rebuild) and looks like we are positioned exactly where we want to be.  Let the birds fly.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-eagles-lions-rising-heading-into-2022-season-cowboys-s

 

Atlanta Falcons

Previous rank: No. 31

 

Is Marcus Mariota ready to surprise some people? Mariota's been humbled. Who wouldn't be? He went from No. 2 overall pick to a backup who hasn't made a start in close to three years. But here we are in 2022, and Mariota has a second chance at career relevance as the QB1 for a rebuilding Falcons squad beginning the post-Matt Ryan era. Atlanta has plenty of holes on its roster, but Mariota has two gifted young playmakers in second-year tight end Kyle Pitts and first-round pick Drake London, plus the mobility to escape the jams a leaky offensive line is sure to put him in. He's unlikely to hoist a Lombardi Trophy this year, but Mariota -- still just 28 -- can put himself in Atlanta's long-term plans with a productive season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

#32 entering the 2008 season. Anything could happen regardless of what everyone thinks. It's on the players to prove them wrong. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2008&week=1

32 atl.png&w=100&h=100&transparent=true
Falcons
4-12
--

Last Week: 32
The Falcons are throwing rookie QB Matt Ryan into the fire. He'll need a lot of help from the defense. (PY)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tribal Chief said:

#32 entering the 2008 season. Anything could happen regardless of what everyone thinks. It's on the players to prove them wrong. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2008&week=1

32 atl.png&w=100&h=100&transparent=true
Falcons
4-12
--

Last Week: 32
The Falcons are throwing rookie QB Matt Ryan into the fire. He'll need a lot of help from the defense. (PY)

And #5 in 2013...to further prove your point that these generally mean nothing for about 6 weeks in.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1747622-nfl-2013-preseason-power-rankings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Swayzee said:

And #5 in 2013...to further prove your point that these generally mean nothing for about 6 weeks in.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1747622-nfl-2013-preseason-power-rankings

That’s why I love football of all sports. Teams rise and fall yearly. Some stay on top consistently but mostly teams rise and fall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a brief synopsis of how these guys come up with these lists:

"How did the team finish the season last year? If they were good, they will be good again this year. If they were bad they will be bad again this year."

These people don't know any better than you or I. In reality, they probably know far less about this team than anyone on here because there is zero chance these writers actually watch all 32 teams. Couple that with the fact that they work in an environment where they can be wrong 100% of the time with no ill effects on their employment,  and you get silly lists like this among others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RetroRoq said:

NFL.com released its power rankings for prior to week one and the Falcons have the #31 spot secured.

This is the first chapter of the rebuild (dont say rebuild) and looks like we are positioned exactly where we want to be.  Let the birds fly.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-eagles-lions-rising-heading-into-2022-season-cowboys-s

 

Atlanta Falcons

Previous rank: No. 31

 

Is Marcus Mariota ready to surprise some people? Mariota's been humbled. Who wouldn't be? He went from No. 2 overall pick to a backup who hasn't made a start in close to three years. But here we are in 2022, and Mariota has a second chance at career relevance as the QB1 for a rebuilding Falcons squad beginning the post-Matt Ryan era. Atlanta has plenty of holes on its roster, but Mariota has two gifted young playmakers in second-year tight end Kyle Pitts and first-round pick Drake London, plus the mobility to escape the jams a leaky offensive line is sure to put him in. He's unlikely to hoist a Lombardi Trophy this year, but Mariota -- still just 28 -- can put himself in Atlanta's long-term plans with a productive season.

Did you guys look at the list?  While lists predicated on last season's record and the draft mean almost nothing, this one really looks like he put the team's names on a board and started throwing darts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What really weird is he lists us at 31 then proceeds to say positive thingys as if he’s covering his *** in some way?  
We all know we’re hard pressed to see any sports media try to actually go out on a limb & truly speculate to our favor because most of these tripes are chicken **** cowards scared to alienate themselves from the common themes of their peers.

fk em & feed em fish heads. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Swayzee said:

And the Seahawks fans said the same about Mariota. 

I though Geno was gone as well, but he actually has better numbers and overall stats than Mariota the past 2 years.

Mariota was backup to David Carr and barely played. The only reason Geno played was because Wilson missed 4 games. I know what you're pushing for but it's not a real comparison 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...