Braves at A’s

For the A

7 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Is Strider your Game 3 starter over Morton in a playoff series? I guess it's a no brainer, no?

Yep, I would start Strider over Wright and Charlie. In the playoffs I believe you'd want power arms and power bats. Just like last year the Braves have power bats already while they lead the league in OPS and HRs. Wright is a power arm but has come down to earth post allstar break ---may be due to fatigue. I believe charlie has lost a step since that injury last year. He may turn it up a notch (velocity wise) in the playoffs but right now I would take the power arm of Strider for one, maybe two games in a series. 

post allstar break in ERA/WHIP

Wright

3.88 / 1.13

Charlie

3.06 / 1.04

Strider 

2.14 / 0.84

The only thing is the amount of power arms in the bullpen. Last year you have 3 in Matzek, Minter and Jackson. This year is Minter and maybe Iglesias? Need another one and the Braves may choose Strider to be in that roll. 

4 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I like starting my best pitchers more often. That would be Strider.

Remember when the Braves screwed around and gave two starts each to Keuchel and Foltynewicz in 2019 while only giving Soroka one and Fried none? Good times.

Agreed. My rotation would be Fried, Strider, and then Wright. 

Didn't Fried pitch out of the bullpen in 2019? But the rotation at that time was risky and it backfired.

25 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I like starting my best pitchers more often. That would be Strider.

Remember when the Braves screwed around and gave two starts each to Keuchel and Foltynewicz in 2019 while only giving Soroka one and Fried none? Good times.

I think that had something to do with Mike Soroka's home road splits. A lot of people at the time thought it was the right thing to do.

3 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I think that had something to do with Mike Soroka's home road splits. A lot of people at the time thought it was the right thing to do.

That is why but I don't know of anyone who thought it was the right thing to do. At least not here... well I can probably think of 1 person who agreed with Snit.

Folty looked so good his first post season start.  Surely, he’d repeat his performance.  Soroka was coming off short rest.  I wasn’t excited about Folty starting but I agreed with the direction for about 5 minutes. 

1 hour ago, dmite said:

Folty looked so good his first post season start.  Surely, he’d repeat his performance.  Soroka was coming off short rest.  I wasn’t excited about Folty starting but I agreed with the direction for about 5 minutes. 

It was more an issue with DK getting the start because of how well STL hit LHP and how he struggled against RH hitters.

3 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Proving once and for all that I am NOT "a lot of people."