Could Mariota Be The Comeback Player Of The Year?

TheRisen999

8 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

He's got everything he needs to make that happen if he can stay healthy. I want to believe he's learned when to try to get an extra yard and when to duck and slide and live to play another down.

Not according to preseason, he was playing like he was down 7 in the 4th in the super bowl 

MM has a shot, and playing QB is his biggest advantage in the vote…that said being on th Falcons hurts his case and I think they need playoffs at a minimum to have a shot, regardless of his personal stats.

My favs to get the award are (based on name and team notoriety and position).

christian McCaffery

Saquan Barkley

Jamies Winston

Baker Mayfield

Julio Jones (playing w Brady will keep all eyes on him)

Henry is the easy call, and the fav, but he still was near the top of the league in stats, not the same comeback story as these other guys.

Here are the betting odds: 

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/comeback-player-of-the-year/

17 hours ago, Lornoth said:

If they stay healthy, Henry, CMC, Michael Thomas, or Baker Mayfield probably take it, in that order imo. 

I don’t see them giving it to any of them actually. Simply because they haven’t had drastic stretches without playing or long stretches of playing bad.. their deal was mostly injuries. Maybe they give it to CMC because how long he’s been injured but these other guys don’t seem like much of a story.. and we know how much the NFL likes redemption stories.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

MM has a shot, and playing QB is his biggest advantage in the vote…that said being on th Falcons hurts his case and I think they need playoffs at a minimum to have a shot, regardless of his personal stats.

My favs to get the award are (based on name and team notoriety and position).

christian McCaffery

Saquan Barkley

Jamies Winston

Baker Mayfield

Julio Jones (playing w Brady will keep all eyes on him)

Henry is the easy call, and the fav, but he still was near the top of the league in stats, not the same comeback story as these other guys.

Here are the betting odds: 

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/comeback-player-of-the-year/

I see Mariota is near the top of the list. Could be decent odds if he really shows out.

Edited by TheRisen999

9 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

I don’t see them giving it to any of them actually. Simply because they haven’t had drastic stretches without playing or long stretches of playing bad.. their deal was mostly injuries. Maybe they give it to CMC because how long he’s been injured but these other guys don’t seem like much of a story.. and we know how much the NFL likes redemption stories.

Some dude who missed most of last year almost always wins the award. It's not often multi-year droughts, though to be fair I think that's probably because there usually aren't many players that miss multiple years in a row and then ball out again, so it would be impressive if MM did. But it's usually guys who were amazing and then hurt and then came back again, not guys like Marcus who just haven't seen the field for a few years for other reasons.

15 hours ago, Red Bandana said:

Probably not. There’s a qb playing tonight for Clemson we could potentially take in next years draft 

There’s lots of other red bananas who clamored uncontrollably for their fun QB picks a year ago too. JF comes to mind. I think what really irks folks the most is just this shallow, narrow minded mentality. But keep it up. I mean just be sure the other 5th grade girls in the cafeteria rumors club don’t outdo this gem of a prognostication.

😆