Arthur Smith on Drake London: I feel good about where he’s at

HASHBROWN3

Arthur Smith on Drake London: I feel good about where he’s at

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/29/arthur-smith-on-drake-london-i-feel-good-about-where-hes-at/#comments

Posted by Myles Simmons on August 29, 2022, 3:33 PM EDT

Falcons rookie receiver Drake London has been sidelined by a knee injury for a couple of weeks.

But there is still time for him to get back on the practice field before Atlanta opens the season against New Orleans on Sept. 11.

On Monday, head coach Arthur Smith did not put a timetable on London’s return. But Smith also did not rule London out for Week One.

“I feel good about where he’s at, but I’m not going to make a prediction,” Smith said, via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “But I feel good about where he’s at.”

As noted by Ledbetter, London has not practiced since Aug. 12. He did catch a 24-yard pass early in the preseason.

The Falcons selected London at No. 8 overall out of USC in this year’s draft.

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

If this were as minor as was initially said to be, he would've been at least running on the side. The fact that he's not even running, means that he can't. I'm still leaning high ankle sprain

Agree. From the available camera angles they showed, there didn't appear to be anything going on with the tackle to tweak his knee. 

I hope he’s Ok. 
And it is concerning that he’s been unable to perform for 2 and a half weeks. He didn’t run in the combine because he was injured. I hope it’s nothing serious. But I don’t like the “oh, he’s fine”, he played 1 ball in preseason. Best case scenario is a sprain and he’s ready next week. And also best case scenario is the first couple games are his real preseason. 

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

If this were as minor as was initially said to be, he would've been at least running on the side. The fact that he's not even running, means that he can't. I'm still leaning high ankle sprain

True fact: Nobody's ever seen Drake London and Peria Jerry together.

9 hours ago, 804_Falconfan said:

I'm not worried. If he's not out there come September 5th then I'll be concerned for Week 1.

I think they are giving him as much time as he needs. It's a long season and my guess they are just being extra cautious. 

Game week practice is next week so hopefully we see him then

26 minutes ago, EpicBird said:

London plays a super physical game, especially YAC - watch his college highlights. That doesn't mean he'll be injury prone though.

I'm only concerned about him not even running, if that's accurate, almost 3 weeks after the injury. That doesn't sound "minor", or "day to day", at least to me.

Exactly my issue. If it is no big deal, you'd think he'd be running on the sidelines. Fingers crossed that he is ready to go for game 1.