2022 SEC Football Predictions

Carter

I usually get on here to get this going a bit earlier, but this will just have to do for this year.¬†ūüėܬ†

I've been pretty busy with work, back to school, daughters in basketball, my son starting football himself. Busy busy busy.... but it's nearly that time again, the time we all have been waiting for. College football!!

We have about a week or so to go before most of the SEC teams start playing. Vandy plays Hawaii tonight and then Tennessee and Missouri have games on Thursday. So we don't have a lot of time to get these predictions made and talk about it. Hopefully we can get some engagement and activity on this before the thread gets locked so we can't change our picks lol

I will spare the long write up I've done in the past. Alabama and Georgia figure to be the prohibitive favorites to meet again in Atlanta, but this could be a bit of a wild season... a lot to wait and see about, but Bama and UGA *should* get to Atlanta for the SEC Championship with no more than one loss by most accounts. The Dawgs of course lost quite a bit of defensive beef to the draft, but also return some of the top recruited talent coming up behind those guys. Bama also has some questions, but the return of Bryce Young and Will Anderson goes a long way toward quieting those and the Tide field the #1 ranked team in week 1.

If Texas A&M gets their act together, they could be a threat out of the West - but that might be the biggest wait and see in the conference. Tennessee is perhaps a dark horse in the East (to finish 2nd), but time will tell how good or improved they really are. After Bama and UGA it seems to me like there is a steep drop off and a ton of parity in the rest of the SEC.

So without further ado, the predictions format! Just copy and paste so we can keep it looking neat and easier to follow. I'll post mine up soon as well. :)

SEC West

SEC East

SEC Champions: 
SEC Coach of the Year: 
Offensive POY: 
Defensive POY: 

SEC West
1. Alabama
2. Arkansas
3. Mississippi State
4. Texas A&M
5. Ole Miss
6. LSU
7. Auburn

SEC East
1. Georgia
2. Kentucky
3. Florida
4. Tennessee
5. South Carolina
6. Missouri
7. Vanderbilt

SEC Champions: Alabama
SEC Coach of the Year: Sam Pittman
Offensive POY: Will Rogers, Mississippi State
Defensive POY: Will Anderson, Bama

SEC West
1.  Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. Arkansas 
4. LSU
5. Ole Miss
6. Mississippi State
7. Auburn

SEC East
1. Georgia
2. Tennessee
3. Florida 
4. Kentucky
5. South Carolina
6. Missouri
7. Vanderbilt 

SEC Champions: Alabama
SEC Coach of the Year: Josh Heupel
Offensive POY: Hendon Hooker, Tennessee 
Defensive POY: Will Anderson, Alabama

Felt cheap picking Bryce to win OPOY even though I think there is a legit shot he does win it. Figured I’d go with a dark horse 

Welcome back my friend.  :) 

SEC West
1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3.  Arkansas
4.  Miss State
5.  Ole Miss
6.  LSU
7. Auburn

SEC East
1. Georgia
2. Kentucky
3. Tennessee
4. South Carolina
5. Florida
6. Missouri
7. Vanderbilt

SEC Champions: Georgia
SEC Coach of the Year:  Sam Pittman
Offensive POY: Will Rogers, QB, MSU
Defensive POY: Will Anderson, DE, Alabama

IMO the best defensive player is Jalen Carter for UGA.  He won't get the stats that Will does, but he is the best defender in the nation. 

SEC West
1. Alabama
2. Arkansas
3.  Texas A&M
4.  Miss State
5.  LSU
6.  Ole Miss
7. Auburn

SEC East
1. Georgia
2. Kentucky
3. Tennessee