Bill Barnwell: The Falcons are likely going to be the worst team in the league this season

3 hours ago, tbhawksfan said:

You're GREATLY exagerating but rah, rah, rah

If that rocks your boat, then by all means you be you. But it sure isn’t how I roll. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I wouldn’t say we’re bottom of the league in talent. We may be bottom in name recognition but there’s talent on this team. The ONLY position that can make THE difference, even with what we have, is QB. We’re a stud qb away from being a dominant team. If we had that we’d be a 8/9 win team at this point. So it’s not the lack of talent overall. It’s there. It’s the lack of a qb that can take over the game

We have an excellent RB room

We have a good wr room

we have a good TE room

we have a decent oline room

we have a decent dline room 

we have a good lb room 

we have good cb room

we have a good safety room

we have an excellent special teams room 

We have a below average qb room 

And we can get better at all of these positions  

All this Plus strong coaching.  There’s plenty of things to be positive about with this team. Glass is most definitely more than half full. 

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I wouldn’t say we’re bottom of the league in talent. We may be bottom in name recognition but there’s talent on this team. The ONLY position that can make THE difference, even with what we have, is QB. We’re a stud qb away from being a dominant team. If we had that we’d be a 8/9 win team at this point. So it’s not the lack of talent overall. It’s there. It’s the lack of a qb that can take over the game

We have an excellent RB room

We have a good wr room

we have a good TE room

we have a decent oline room

we have a decent dline room 

we have a good lb room 

we have good cb room

we have a good safety room

we have an excellent special teams room 

We have a below average qb room 

And we can get better at all of these positions  

So what you're telling me is that every level of the defense is decent or better yet we are bottom 5 in every defensive category? Our defense is BAD on every single level. This defense excels at not one thing. How can you possibly say it's 'decent' on every single level? 

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So what you're telling me is that every level of the defense is decent or better yet we are bottom 5 in every defensive category? Our defense is BAD on every single level. This defense excels at not one thing. How can you possibly say it's 'decent' on every single level? 

Just because it’s not top of the league stat wise doesn’t mean we don’t have decent talent. You’ve been watching football longer than me and if you tell me you’re never seen a team go from worst to first in a season with a coaching change then I don’t know what to tell you. 

I’ve seen it happen countless times I’m my life. Either the players get used to a system or the coach changes. Talent stays the same. The Lb’s don’t suck. The corners are hurt but at full strength are decent. Of course they got torched when our top 2 corners were out. With AJ back that’s at least stopped some of the bleeding. I don’t care about what stats say. I’m talking from a talent standpoint. We have some football players on this team. 

11 hours ago, Vandy said:

If that rocks your boat, then by all means you be you. But it sure isn’t how I roll. 

All this Plus strong coaching.  There’s plenty of things to be positive about with this team. Glass is most definitely more than half full. 

Let's try this: we exceeded Barwell's expectations, but not mine

Based on what we saw last season, TF's good work filling holes and a nice draft, I expected 6 or 7 wins

We would need to get to about 9 wins before I would get too excited

14 hours ago, falconidae said:

Just as an observation, Ryan elevated the whole team with his play for many years. if Ridder can do the same, this team can be special next season.

Two words I’d use to describe Ridder are “Poise” and “Presence”. We’ve only seen it in his short NFL tenure during preseason games but he showed it all through his college career during big games. We say it about him all of the time on here.. the guy is just a winner.

He was incredibly consistent as well. Idc what conference you play in.. leading a team to an undefeated season is a feat. I think the plan for this season has always been to get Ridder ready to play next season and have he and Mariota switch places on the depth chart. A. Smith knows what he has In both so he knew Mariota would be a good bridge guy.

Mariota has said on a few occasions that his job was to get Ridder ready so on some level I think he knows and accepts the plan. I’m sure he was given the opportunity be the guy next season if he could be better but the truth is Marcus is just limited in certain areas. Watching this video you can see Ridder already making decisions and throws we just don’t get from Mariota.

If the plan really is for this to be in essence a red-shirt year for Des I think the experience he’s gaining from breaking down the game and learning all the mental nuances of the system while also running the scout team in practice is going to make him that much better. With better pieces around him next season after free agency and the draft the kid could be special.

3 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

Two words I’d use to describe Ridder are “Poise” and “Presence”. We’ve only seen it in his short NFL tenure during preseason games but he showed it all through his college career during big games. We say it about him all of the time on here.. the guy is just a winner.

He was incredibly consistent as well. Idc what conference you play in.. leading a team to an undefeated season is a feat. I think the plan for this season has always been to get Ridder ready to play next season and have he and Mariota switch places on the depth chart. A. Smith knows what he has In both so he knew Mariota would be a good bridge guy.

Mariota has said on a few occasions that his job was to get Ridder ready so on some level I think he knows and accepts the plan. I’m sure he was given the opportunity be the guy next season if he could be better but the truth is Marcus is just limited in certain areas. Watching this video you can see Ridder already making decisions and throws we just don’t get from Mariota.

If the plan really is for this to be in essence a red-shirt year for Des I think the experience he’s gaining from breaking down the game and learning all the mental nuances of the system while also running the scout team in practice is going to make him that much better. With better pieces around him next season after free agency and the draft the kid could be special.

Once Des takes the reigns, we won't look back.  

9 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Just because it’s not top of the league stat wise doesn’t mean we don’t have decent talent. You’ve been watching football longer than me and if you tell me you’re never seen a team go from worst to first in a season with a coaching change then I don’t know what to tell you. 

I’ve seen it happen countless times I’m my life. Either the players get used to a system or the coach changes. Talent stays the same. The Lb’s don’t suck. The corners are hurt but at full strength are decent. Of course they got torched when our top 2 corners were out. With AJ back that’s at least stopped some of the bleeding. I don’t care about what stats say. I’m talking from a talent standpoint. We have some football players on this team. 

Has nothing to do with being at the top of the league stat wise. Worst to first is easily possible, especially in this division, but it won't be because of the defense.