Jump to content

Do you think the braves take the division this year?


Lionzblade
 Share

Recommended Posts

Honestly… unless the Mets totally implode and can’t run through their September schedule of cupcakes, no. It’s the Mets so I’m not ruling it out, but that’s a ridiculously easy September.

If it’s only a game or 2 separating us by our series… I think we’ve got it. If we are ahead after these next 2 weeks, I like our chances too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, jidady said:

I think the defending World Champions have much grander ambitions than a division title.

The only thing the division matters for is that first round bye. We are beating the Phillies in the first round though so it doesn’t matter. 

Would say we beat the Padres, @TheTrue7’s favorite team, but they can’t beat the Nats lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

The only thing the division matters for is that first round bye. We are beating the Phillies in the first round though so it doesn’t matter. 

Would say we beat the Padres, @TheTrue7’s favorite team, but they can’t beat the Nats lol

If only they’d learn that championship teams are built by the ability to drag bunt. 
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Their September lays out almost exactly like our June did which was the easiest schedule in baseball, so I highly doubt it. 

If it happens it’s going to be the most hilarious **** ever and I will never let Mets fans hear the end of it. All they did while we were on our 14 game streak was cry and tell us to play a real team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd give it about a 33% chance. The collapse we've all been waiting for from the Mets hasn't happened, and their schedule is a lot easier than ours. We do still have several games against them though, so it's possible if we can keep winning like this. But man, every time I look up (when they aren't playing us) those knobs are winning.

I'd like to take the division, but it's not necessary for us to roll all the way to the title if we keep getting stellar pitching and good offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I say yes because the Mets have most the pressure on them. I truly believe that holding the lead is harder than chasing the leader.

I think they will hit some hiccups and the pressure will get to them.

On the other hand, we have been there, experience counts for a lot in sports, I don't care what sport and what level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

26 games to go and Braves are knotted up w/ Mets at top of the division!

 - which is great news.... However, looking at remaining schedules, it's unbelievable how charmin soft the Mets schedule remains while Braves still have 7 more games on West Coast against Mariners(playoff bound) and Giants (who have been average but still no pushover) along w/ 7 more games vs Phillies.    The only tough teams the Mets have left is Braves and Brewers but the Brewers have been fading.

It's baseball and sometimes dreg teams can put it together for a series here and there - we are going to need some help from other teams as you cannot count on a 3 game sweep vs Mets later - you know they will likely set their rotation so we face both Scherzer and deGrom.

With top 2 seeds getting a bye, one of these teams will get the bye as Cards are 5 games behind both Braves/Mets and I don't see them closing that gap.

Let's go Los Bravos!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

26 games to go and Braves are knotted up w/ Mets at top of the division!

 - which is great news.... However, looking at remaining schedules, it's unbelievable how charmin soft the Mets schedule remains while Braves still have 7 more games on West Coast against Mariners(playoff bound) and Giants (who have been average but still no pushover) along w/ 7 more games vs Phillies.    The only tough teams the Mets have left is Braves and Brewers but the Brewers have been fading.

It's baseball and sometimes dreg teams can put it together for a series here and there - we are going to need some help from other teams as you cannot count on a 3 game sweep vs Mets later - you know they will likely set their rotation so we face both Scherzer and deGrom.

With top 2 seeds getting a bye, one of these teams will get the bye as Cards are 5 games behind both Braves/Mets and I don't see them closing that gap.

Let's go Los Bravos!

Don’t know how you can bring up strength of schedule in favor of the Muts after what’s transpired the past week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Don’t know how you can bring up strength of schedule in favor of the Muts after what’s transpired the past week. 

it's easy to bring up - it's not even debatable whose schedule is easier.    You still gotta play the games and all the cliche's associated w/ baseball.   However when one team is outmatched anyway and has little to play for while the other has everything to play for in September - it does matter - if there was no "bye" for the 2nd vs 3rd seed, I would say not a big deal - but the bye is certainly a nice advantage to get - of course you can just "get hot" like the Braves did last year and win a WS - but you still want the easiest path possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 1:38 PM, BamaBirdLady said:

I say yes because the Mets have most the pressure on them. I truly believe that holding the lead is harder than chasing the leader.

I think they will hit some hiccups and the pressure will get to them.

On the other hand, we have been there, experience counts for a lot in sports, I don't care what sport and what level.

I am bumping my own post because I said on 8/19 that I thought we would win the division. What did you say in this post?

GO BRAVES!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2022 at 12:44 PM, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

I'd give it about a 33% chance. The collapse we've all been waiting for from the Mets hasn't happened, and their schedule is a lot easier than ours. We do still have several games against them though, so it's possible if we can keep winning like this. But man, every time I look up (when they aren't playing us) those knobs are winning.

I'd like to take the division, but it's not necessary for us to roll all the way to the title if we keep getting stellar pitching and good offense. 

I was wrong I admit, but my reasoning wasn't. We DID take care of business at the end of the season against them (absolutely had to for the division), and we just kept winning at a higher rate than they did.

Great work, Braves!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...